Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Aloha to Kandy Shepherd's THE TYCOON AND THE WEDDING PLANNER - Book Review

20523636

I discovered Kandy Shepherd when I won a copy of THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT (link).   Kandy recently asked me to review next book from Dophin Bay, THE TYCOON AND THE WEDDING PLANNER:

When one wedding leads to another…

Kate Parker distracts herself from her memories by keeping busy—and how better than organizing weddings for Dolphin Bay's sweethearts? But tall, dark and handsome tycoon Sam Lancaster's arrival suddenly has Kate forgetting where she left the confetti….

And mysterious Sam will be around awhile longer than the cutting of the cake—because he's got to oversee Kate's building project! There's no time for distractions…but is it time to stop running from happiness now that it's led them to each other?


A bride on Kailua beach

Falling in love was the easy part; planning a wedding - yikes!  - Niecy Nash

For Kate Parker, planning her friends' wedding was a distraction ... and then a boon when she meet the sexy friend-of-the-groom, Sam Lancaster.   It is instant attraction for Kate and Sam.  And there is no better place to indulge in an unexpected romance than Dolphin Bay.

Shepherd returns to the sun kissed coastal town in the dreamy Australia.   She delivers the ultimate summer escape with a timeless story of two lost souls who find each other.   Shepherd is spot on with her vivid descriptions of a beach town, taking me back to my beloved Hawaii (both Australia and Hawaii are islands!)

THE TYCOON AND THE WEDDING PLANNER is a breezy read that kept my attention from page one.   Recommended to those seeking the perfect beach read.


I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash, for your own beach read, to one randomly selected commenter.   To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about the beach - do you have a favorite?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, July 19, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, July 20.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Kandy and her books at kandyshepherd.com.

18343300


20 comments:

  1. Love Malibu beach and ohua
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black sand beaches on the Big Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only been to 2 beaches in my life, so don't have a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live near Lake Michigan so I have to pick that beach. We have great sand dunes, too!

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coolum Beach on the Sunshine Coast QLD - Beautiful one day - Perfect the next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beaches in Jacksonville, FL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love Fire Island but it has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to go to Jones Beach when I was much younger. Now that I am older, really do not go much.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not really... Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any beach with some sunshine and a little heat will do for this suffering midwesterner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No favs b/c I really haven't visited one except for Galveston Bay in Texas but that doesn't count cuz I really didn't like it ;) Ummm... clean, not too hot or crowded and a beach boy to rub my feet while I read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love La Jolla Cove. So, does everyone else. It has the perfect setting for pictures and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been to beaches in Florida but nothing beats the ones in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live on LI & we have beaches on both shores, in driving distance, so I am lucky. I loved the beach in Aruba.The water seems bluer & the sand whiter & finer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been to the beach in what seems like forever! I'd have to say that my favorite is a beach on Bermuda - can't remember the name, but it had pink sand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Though we have some nice beaches here in San Diego, the water is very cold most of the time. So, I would say my favorites are beaches in Hawaii where the water is clear and warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't been to a beach since I was a teenager (a long time ago), and I couldn't tell you which was my favorite one then.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even though I don't surf, I really enjoyed watching the awesome surfers at Australia's Bondai Beach. That is a fabulous place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't really gone to the beach in a long while. I think if I ever visit the beaches in Hawaii, they would be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete