Thursday, July 31, 2014

Aloha to Sara Humphreys and VAMPIRE TROUBLE


15942629

Aloha!  RWA wiped me out and I experienced schedule trouble. I apologize to Sara Humphreys and Sourcebooks for the delay in posting this interview.   It is my privilege to host Sara - author extraordinaire and fitness motivator to celebrate the release of VAMPIRE TROUBLE, Book 2 in her Dead in the City series:

A fledgling vampire ignites a war...

Maya remembers the last moments of her life as a human with haunting clarity, and every man she meets pays the price...until Shane. Finding herself in the middle of a bloody fight between vampires and werewolves, Maya has no choice but to let the devastatingly sexy vampire guard get close to her.

And that’s not all that heats up...

Shane Quesada, a four-century-old vampire sentry, is known for his cold, unemotional precision, but once Maya begins to invade his dreams, his world is changed forever. His job to protect her is swiftly replaced by the all-consuming need to claim her as his own.


Amazon
Apple iBooks
Barnes and Noble
Book Depository
Books a Million
Google Books
IndieBound
Indigo


Sara (middle) with fans at RT14 in NOLA.

Kim:  So great to see you at RT in NOLA. What did you learn from this fan-intense experience?

Sara:  Lots of stuff!!!

1. Wear comfortable shoes.

2. Get ready to give lots of hugs.

3. Romance readers are THE BEST ever!

Kim:  Let's chat about your childhood crush on Captain Kirk. What would he think of the war between vampires and werewolves?

Sara:  Kirk would be on the lookout for the hottest vampire chick and sexiest werewolf lady he could find. He might be a Captain but he's the horniest guy in the universe.

Kim:  What inspired the world you created in VAMPIRE TROUBLE?

Sara:  I love New York City and on more than one occasion I've wondered what secrets it holds in all those dark corners. It's a gritty, sultry, sexy, decadent, and mysterious city. What better place to host a coven of vampires? If I were a vampire, that's where I'd want to live. A vamp could walk the city streets at night and nobody would give them a second glance. It's the perfect place for a vampire to blend in.

Kim:  What's next for Sara Humphreys?

Sara:  In February I'll have a new Amoveo Legend novella called UNBOUND and then in March the 3rd Dead in the City novel will be out. VAMPIRES NEVER CRY WOLF is Sadie's story and she hooks up with a certain werewolf prince. Then in July my first contemporary romance will be released. BRAVE THE HEAT is the 1st book in The McGuire Brothers series and I am so excited for readers to get Gavin's story...and his brothers. Did I mention they're all men in uniform?

Sara at the RWA14 Literacy Signing

I also chatted with Sara at RWA and look forward to seeing her at Hallowread (link) in Ellicott City ... practically in my backyard!  Sourcebooks is giving away a print copy of VAMPIRE TROUBLE to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1.  Are you a fan of Captain Kirk or other characters from STAR TREK - past or present versions?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.  

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Sara and her books at novelromance.net.

1594262922046472

17 comments:

  1. Aloha Kim and Sara. I'm a fan of the original tv Star Trek though I preferred Spock over Captain Kirk. I'm still trying to wind down from the literacy signing at RWA #14, I was able to attend because it was here in my hometown. It was wonderful meeting Sara and several other authors whose books I've been re a d ing for many years. I understand RT will be held in Dallas next year so I hope to attend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Sara. :) The book sounds terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to read it, sounds great. I like the Next Generation cast better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Star Trek but my fav is the captain from the newer show . I think his name is Patrick stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked star trek, but really feeling the movie with that hottie Chris Pine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a Star Trek fan but of the original version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Data and Captain Picard from the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both Kirk and Pickard. It would be hard to pick a favorite because I do like a man in charge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim and Sara! For me, William Shatner's Capt Kirk is the gold standard of sci-fi hotness! I love it when he takes charge, like in the episode Charlie X when Kirk tells the naughty teen that if he doesn't go peacefully back to his quarters, Kirk will pick him up and carry him there. This, after Crazy Charlie zaps two red shirts into oblivion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like ST The Next Generation, but I must say I have enjoyed the new ST movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to watch the original Star Trek when it first came out. I always liked Spock more than Captain Kirk. I haven't watched any of the newer series'.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been a big fan of Spock since the beginning and like the "new" Spock, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Growing up, Star Trek was my Dad's favorite show. So naturally we had to watch it all the time. There are only a few people that I remember from the original, I remember more from what I call 'the spin off' shows later in years. And then don't forget about the handsome Chris in the latest movies! Dang man is handsome. As a matter of fact, my 8 yr dd loves him and Tom Hardy in This Means War! *girls got good taste* lol...........much love to you Sara, keep rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dad and step mom were obsessed with Star Trek and was the one show they watched on T.V. Anytime we were over, that was the only thing we watched :)

    ReplyDelete