Monday, August 10, 2015

Aloha to Heather Boyd and MISS RADLEY'S THIRD DARE


What a woman wants…

The only person who ever understood what Julia Radley wanted most in life was the man who ruined her reputation and secured her victory in a bold swimming race. She does not hold Valentine Merton accountable for the harsh criticisms made against her character until he suggests the only way to smooth over the scandal of his defeat is to wed as soon as possible.

… the gentleman must dare.

After picking himself up after proposing, Valentine Merton is even more determined to tame the wild girl next door. The future he wants within the clockmaker’s guild depends on their speedy marriage. A few sweet words or, as a last resort, another brazen dare is sure to persuade her to take a chance on him… and his family.


Amazon | iBooks | Kobo | Nook | Add to Goodreads




Bestselling historical author Heather Boyd believes every character she creates deserves their own happily-ever-after, no matter how much trouble she puts them through. With that goal in mind, she writes sizzling regency romance stories that skirt the boundaries of propriety to keep readers enthralled until the wee hours of the morning. Heather has published over twenty novels and shorter works. She lives north of Sydney, Australia, and does her best to wrangle her testosterone-fuelled family (including cat Morpheus) into submission.

Catch her latest news at heather-boyd.com.



To celebrate MISS RADLEY'S THIRD DARE, I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  The book blurb refers to clock making ... so let's chat about clocks!  Do you have any vintage or beloved clocks in your home?  We have a grandfather clock my husband purchased in the Netherlands when he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 15, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 16.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Other books in the Miss Mayhem series ...

1803993718809448

28 comments:

  1. There is a clock that my parents have in the display cabinet, but don't know where my dad bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say, we don't have any interesting clocks in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My clocks are pretty ordinary, but my mother has a beautiful wall clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vaguely remember a cuckoo clock. I think it was in one of my grandparents houses but that was ages & ages ago. I was fascinated as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved grandfather clocks but with two boys and two large dogs it's just not practical for us to have one :( Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a clock that's in a clear dome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No vintage clocks, but I do have a clock my daughter made when she was grade school that is a treasure for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cuckoo clocks and have one that my mother got in Germany in the 1950s. I have a grandfather clock that was made by father in law.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no special or vintage clocks. But I think it would be fun to get a grandfather clock as long as it wasn't too loud ;) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a 36" tall all wood, carved, pendulum wall clock that hubby's parents purchased in the Black Hills of Germany back int he 60's. It is currently silent, so am saving my pennies to get it fixed. I miss the BONGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a beautiful Grandfather clock, too. We also have a lovely solid brass Matthew Norman carriage clock that we got whilst we still lived in England.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a few small clocks around, but no Grandfather clocks (I've always loved them). One of them is a Cuckoo Clock - it needs some repairs and has been in a box since I took it down for some renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No but I think they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a small modern white clock on my wall, that runs on a battery. Nothing fancy, no charm but it tells me what time it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have a vintage clock but I have a vintage Minnie Mouse watch that's 40 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been a Minnie Mouse fan. I bet that is an awesome watch :)

      Delete
  16. Yes,we have old clock from the time of my grandfather youth,I know is from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for sharing Miss Radley's Third Dare today. What a fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have a cuckoo clock, but got tired of the noise and stopped winding it up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have a lovely grandfather clock, but it's not an antique.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have a lovely mantle clock we got at a school fundraiser. We have an Eastlake oak carved clock that was in my husband's family for several generations. It is on the mantle in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The closest to vintage clock that I have is only about 12 years old and was made to look like an antique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No vintage clocks here.
    Patty B.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a vintage clock which probably dates to the 30s or 40s. It looks like several city skyscrapers with a clock in the middle--made by Sessions Clock Company of Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We have a grandfather clock! I just love it <3

    ReplyDelete