Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Romance is coming to Washington, DC, ... and Baltimore, too!


Romance is coming to Washington, DC ... and Baltimore, too! 

15th Annual Library of Congress' National Book Festival - Saturday, September 5, 2015 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center:

Romance Fiction
7:15 pm-7:40 pm Sarah MacLean
7:40 pm-8:05 pm Beverly Jenkins
8:05 pm-8:30 pm Paige Tyler 



Baltimore Book Festival - Friday, September 25 - Sunday, September 27, featuring the Maryland Romance Writers' Stage (link).  Panels include: 

September 26, 2015, 2pm - 3pm, Historicals: Hot or Not?

Denny S. Bryce
Stephanie Dray
Alma Katsu
Eliza Knight
Janet Mullany
Kate Quinn
Deanna Raybourn

It’s pistols at dawn (well, 3pm) when these historical authors duel over the best time period to read and write about and whether historicals have become too hot, hunky or high brow.



Washington Romance Writers (WRW) Readers, Authors, and Bloggers Luncheon, Saturday, October 10, at the Positano Ristorante Italiano, Bethesda, Maryland.   Stay tuned to this link for more details. 

Check out my pictures from last year's luncheon at this link.

Do you have any "romance" events coming to your area?   One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 8, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 9.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



22 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! Unfortunately, there aren't any conferences or events coming around soon in my area :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, but the RWA Conference was just in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year! July of 2016 the RWA National Convention will be here in San Diego. I am very excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that I know of but I don't get out often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No romance events here, which is a shame as they seem like a lot of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never in the neck of the woods where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was one close to me a few weeks ago but I wasn't able to attend... Hoping for another one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Chicago Spring Fling next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are very few in Connecticut but I watch for New York and Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. None that I know of. Hope to attend one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to add these to my list. And for anyone wondering if there's a romance event near them, I've got a master list of romance conferences on my website that may point you in the right direction: http://www.romancerefined.com/list-of-romance-conventions-and-conferences.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The National Book Festival and the Baltimore Book Festival sound like great events. Unfortunately there are no romance conferences being held in my area this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. there have been some a couple hours away, but haven't gotten to any yet

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe Coastal Magic Convention is coming to Daytona Beach in February, which is not too far from Orlando. I've never been to it, but I have been to the RWA Literacy signing and RT book signing when they were both held in Orlando. Those were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My events are the same as yours.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was at the NYC literacy signing 2 weeks ago! I don't see anything coming up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sadly not, le sigh. Not many (any) authors come here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not to my knowledge. Just had one in NYC but I was not here.
    LADbookfan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too bad I didn't know of this event while I lived in the DC area. As far as I know, there are no events scheduled in our area.

    ReplyDelete