Saturday, August 1, 2015

August is Read a Romance Month!


August is Read a Romance Month!  From its website (link):

Read-A-Romance Month was conceived as an event where romance fans can come together from around the world to celebrate romance novels and the romance genre. Be sure to visit every day in August to read blog posts from some of your favorite authors as they write on the theme “Celebrate Romance.”

The first Read-A-Romance Month was launched in August 2013 by Bobbi Dumas, an unabashed romance fan and advocate. As a freelance writer who specializes in romance and women’s fiction, Bobbi has been privileged to write about the books, writers and other great aspects of the publishing industry, especially as they affect and impact women. She primarily writes reviews and features for NPR and Kirkus, the book media site where she also pens a popular romance blog.


Day 1Day 2Day 3Day 4
Lisa Kleypas
Sonali Dev
Lorelei’s Lit Lair
Sabrina Jeffries
Sherry Thomas
Nancy Herkness
Jennifer Probst
Christi Caldwell
Robin Schone
Susan Mallery
Laura Florand
Beth Vogt
Day 5Day 6Day 7Day 8
Anita Hughes
Cathy Lamb
Amy Reichert
Kerrilyn Sparks
Kate Meader
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Molly O’Keefe
Jessica Scott
Patience Griffin
Kim Kincaid
Maya Rodale
Lynda Aicher
Day 9Day 10Day 11Day 12
Mary Alice Monroe
Terri Brisbin
Julia London
MJ Putney
Anne Gracie
Other Word Wenches
Roxanne St. Claire
Piper Huguley
Virginia Kantra
Lauren Dane
RaeAnne Thayne
Kelly Moran
Day 13Day 14Day 15Day 16
Julie Ann Walker
Lorraine Heath
Blythe Gifford
Lauren Willig
Karen White
Beatriz Williams
Lori Wilde
Maria Geraci
Jennifer McQuiston
MJ Rose
Nina Lane
Dianne Duvall
Day 17Day 18Day 19Day 20
Mary Burton
Tracy Solheim
Anne Calhoun
Molly Harper
Miranda Neville
Katy Lee
Tessa Dare
Megan Mulry
Deeanne Gist
Loretta Chase
Kieran Kramer
AJ Cousins
Day 21Day 22Day 23Day 24
SuperWendy
Monique Flasch
Christyna Hunter
Julie James
Caridad Piñeiro
Rebecca Zanetti
Catherine Bybee
Joey W. Hill
Sugar Jamison
Carla Neggers
Sheila Athens
Huntley Fitzpatrick
Day 25Day 26Day 27Day 28
Donna Grant
Farrah Rochon
Rachel Hauck
Kristan Higgins
Shana Galen
Vanessa Kelly
Eileen Dreyer
Grace Burrowes
Alyssa Alexander
Elizabeth Hoyt
Jade Lee
Shawntelle Madison
Day 29Day 30Day 31
Susan Donovan
Katharine Ashe
Amy Lane
Sarah Morgan
Caitlin Crews
Dani Collins
Jill Shalvis
Susanna Kearsley
Remembering Cathie Linz


Who is your favorite author from this year's contributors? One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 8, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 9.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



24 comments:

  1. For this year, I'd have to say my favorite author for RARM is Mary Alice Monroe. I recently discovered what a wonderful writer she is, having read there first two books in the Lowcountry Trilogy(the third ooks is definitely on taps tbr very soon!). Ms. Monroe has a way of writing so that it is pure escapism for me. I really feel like I am there, in North Carolina Lowcountry, with the three sisters and their grandmother, feeling those warm, sultry breezes coming from the nearby beach, seeing those wonderful sunrises and sunsets, and during the storm in the second book, I felt like I was experiencing it with them. I definitely can't wait to read the concluding book in the trilogy, I'll probably grab it from my TBR pile next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many favorites on this list. My most recent favorite is Grace Burrowes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great calendar of authors! Way hard to pick a favorite, but I will say Tessa Dare since I love her books and I met her at a writer's group meeting and she was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough choice, but I will go with Laura Florand! I got to meet her at the book signing in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, no way can I chose just one!! Jill Shalvis, Sugar Jamison, Rebecca Zanetti, Julie Ann Walker, etc.!!! Too many great authors whose books I enjoy. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dianne Duvall is my favorite this year, though there are a number of others that aren't far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many favourites named here. Julia London for one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many favourites named here. Julia London for one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess my first choice would be Sabrina Jeffries... But I love so many authors :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great authors but my fav is probably Rebecca Zanetti :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many!! I like Donna Grant and Sabrina Jeffires but then I also like many of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I have to pick just one (sooo difficult!), it would be Carla Neggers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry but I just can't pick one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't choose just one, so I will just say that I have lots of favorite Authors that are listed in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to go with Grace Burrowes - love her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gee so many great choices! I'll go with Jill Shalvis, cuase she's just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hard to pick just one but if I had to it would be Joey W Hill. Love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shana Galen is my favorite among the authors, but Grace Burrowes and Sherry Thomas are close seconds. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. How can I possibly pick just one?! Tessa Dare, Lisa Kleypas, Sabrina Jeffries, Kerrilyn Sparks...all of them are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic list of authors! Some of my favorites include Sabrina Jeffries, Kerrilyn Sparks, and Shana Galen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are SO many! Jill Shalvis, Virginia Kantra, Rebecca Zanetti, & Susan Donovan just to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lori Wilde.
    LADbookfan

    ReplyDelete