Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Aloha to Katrina Snow and FORBIDDEN - Book Review

27763505

Off-limits has never been so irresistible ...


Lady Katherine Durant has perfected the art of hiding her Gifts—a valuable skill in a land where any hint of sorcery could lead to the burning stake. But, hiding her Gifts isn’t the same as not using them, and that troublesome difference has led to capture each time she’s run from her uncle.

Now, using a newly-discovered spell, she binds her powers and flees again—this time for her life. Unfortunately, her plan to hide as a maid in a distant kingdom goes awry when she unwittingly gets entered into a festival competition for the hand of a prince—a man with a wicked kiss and a sense of adventure that rivals her own.

All she’s ever hoped for is a quiet existence as a servant, never imagining she could find laughter and belonging and love. And now the mischievous prince has her dreaming of all those things.

With a bounty on her head, sorcerers closing in, and a prince threatening to steal her heart, could it finally be time to stop running? Time to trust? Time to love?


Learn more about Katrina and her books at katrinasnow.com

Caerlaverock Castle near Dumfries, Scotland
Public Domain (link)

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. - Mark Twain

Debut author Katrina Snow roars onto the publishing scene with her Renaissance Fantasy, FORBIDDEN. Snow creates a fairy tale styled for romance fans who appreciate an escape into a historical setting. Snow delivers a capable heroine and an honorable prince, evoking a sense of chivalry and enchantment throughout the plot.

Snow allows secondary characters to come into their own without distracting from the Lady and her Prince as they build a life together with enemies nipping at their heals. Snow wraps together magic, myth, and mirth for an epic adventure.

Recommended reads for fans of Renaissance Festivals
.  



I am giving away special swag from National Trust (link), the caretaker of England's historic buildings, to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway.

1.  Leave a comment about Renaissance Festivals and Medieval Fairs - have you attended one?   My family is a fan of the Maryland Renaissance Festival.  Check out pictures here, here, here, here, and here.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, February 6, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, February 7.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

20 comments:

  1. I would love to attend a Renaissance or Medieval Fair. One day hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken and I went to one medival fair a few years ago because a friend went. It was fun to see all the different clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I never have attended a renaissance fair. My daughter used to attend and even made her own gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I've never been to one....but maybe this year I will attend the one in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to one but really want to, especially after seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We visited one here by us once. It was fun! I really wish we could go again - I need to make a point of doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I haven't been to one. Did go to Dickens night, where everyone was dressed in Dickens style, a lot of fun that was :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - I do love renaissance festivals. There's a big one in Tuxedo, NY, which is always fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire 2x, the Maryland 1x--I liked Pennsylvania's better.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this book around and am intrigued. I'll have to see what goodreads has to say. I do love the time period, and fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never had a chance to attend a renaissance festival or medieval fair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been but it sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never been to one. My friend goes to one every year. Maybe this year I will tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I have, and I absolutely loved it. I'm hoping to go again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have attended a couple of Renaissance Festivals. The best was the Tennessee State one. The site is located south of Nashville, and is well done. Most of the site is located in a large grove of trees. The human chessboard, jousting field, and rides are in the open. Would love to go back some time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been to a Renaissance fair, but it sure looks like fun, I'll have to watch to see when when is scheduled around here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have one every year and it is a popular attraction. We have been several times and have dressed up as well. The kids, as well as the adults, have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete