Friday, April 11, 2014

Aloha to Kandy Shepherd and THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT - Book Review


I recently won an autographed copy of THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT:

It started with a summer kiss…

Sandy Adams is on her way to an interview, but when she sees a signpost for Dolphin Bay she decides to take a detour down memory lane….

Ben Morgan has had his share of heartache. But when a ghost from his youth catches his eye memories of their last summer together come flooding back.

Everything has changed in the past twelve years, and still they're right back where they started, facing a second chance they deserve… together.



What is life, when wanting love? Night without a morning; love's the cloudless summer sun, nature gay adorning. - Robert Burton

Isn't this cover gorgeous?  It sets the tone for this nostalgic romance of two summer lovers who reunite twelve years later.   A chance meeting enables Sandy and Ben to cast away their burdens for a few days.   And it only takes a few days for them to realize that they can have a future together.

Shepherd delivers a sentimental look at love lost, second chances, and grabbing life for what it's worth.   THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGET is a comfort read any time of the day ... but one especially recommended for the beach.

The bonus - THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT is set in Australia!  

Do you have a special summer memory?

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Kandy and her books, check out her website at kandyshepherd.com.


11 comments:

  1. I can remember the first trip I took with my best friend's family. We went to Canada for a week and stayed in a cottage. We were 14 and we met other kids our age. It was all very exciting back then lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer means school holidays & the beach. Every Summer growing up was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One favorite memory....I think it was when my niece came up to Chicago and we did the tourist sites downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We spent summers on the lake just outside my hometown... boating, fishing, swimming..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several favorite vacations spent with all my children before they got older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love spending summers with my Nan, who lived on the borders of Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My special summer memory is of "first love." While in high school I went to spend a summer at a resort (Black Point Inn) in Prout's Neck, Maine. It was a way of making a little money and "getting away from home" at the same time. I was the Roll Girl, bringing all kinds of breads and rolls to the well-to-do customers in the main dining room and the dining area by the swimming pool. All of "the help" lived in dormatories (females in one and males in another). I "fell in love" with one of the cooks and I'll never forget his name: Joel. He had red hair and a smile that lit up a room, quiet and shy. I still have a scrimshaw pin he gave me that wonderful summer. He gave me my first-ever kiss! Thanks for this post and bringing back the memory. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are parts of my life that are just not there from a memory perspective, so no favorite summer memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A special summer memory I have was the summer after I graduated from high school. Five of my girlfriends and I went to Hawaii for a week. It was my first time there and we had a total blast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. spending it with friends

    ReplyDelete
  11. For several years I went to summer camp in Northern Michigan. I have many fond memories of that time and the friends I made.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete