Monday, September 15, 2014

Aloha to Amanda Berry and ONE NIGHT WITH THE BEST MAN

21911596

Isn't this cover cute?  Amanda Berry joins me today to celebrate the release of ONE NIGHT WITH THE BEST MAN:

Running into his first love at his brother's wedding isn't the homecoming Dr. Luke Ward imagined. Maid of honor Penny Montgomery should have been his bride. And now, despite how things ended between them, the former Tawnee Valley bad girl just made him an offer the still-smitten best man would be a fool to refuse.

Eight years ago, Penny lost the only man she ever loved. Spending the weekend together is a huge risk—and the only way to see if she's really over Luke. But when a family emergency forces the handsome surgeon to extend his visit, their passionate reunion fling flames into a deeper attachment. Does Penny have the courage to try for a second chance with Luke—and say "I do" to her best man?


AMAZON
BARNES & NOBLE
BOOKS-A-MILLION

Between walking her Jack Russell-Beagle mix, petting her two cats and driving her two kids all over creation, Amanda Berry writes contemporary romance novels (thanks to a supportive husband). A Midwest girl stuck in the wetlands of South Carolina, she finds inspiration in her small-town upbringing. A list of her current releases and backlist can be found at amanda-berry.com.


Who Doesn’t Love a Wedding
By Amanda Berry

Okay, well maybe some people dislike weddings, but I love weddings in books. The only problem with weddings in books (from the author prospective) is planning your character’s wedding. Because you know you have to have it perfect. J

One Night with the Best Man, the second in my Ward Brother’s trilogy, starts at Maggie and Brady’s wedding, the couple from the first Ward book Father by Choice. This series revolves around the small town of Tawnee Valley and even though Brady had lived in New York, they decided to get married in the small town.

Having grown up in a small town, I realized that the venues for weddings were limited. There was always the basement of a church; however, those were more commonly used for receptions after funerals, rather than wedding receptions. There’s usually a few halls in the town and if you are really lucky a nice restaurant with a banquet room. The town I created was very small... smaller than the one I grew up in, so I knew I’d have to create something fantastic with a hall that likely hadn’t been renovated since the 70s and still had that lingering scent of cigars burned into the wood paneling.

Between create draping of fabrics and imported elegance, the reception hall was dressed up to rival the best ballroom in a big city hotel. I had to look at what Maggie and Brady would want to make the wedding particular to them. Wild flowers like the bouquet that Brady gave her when he returned. Spending money with local vendors and hiring local people to help stimulate the dying economy of the city. Family and friends surrounding them at every point.

After all, it takes a special sort of situation for a guy like Luke to choose to forget about the past for the night to be with the one woman he once loved and who broke his heart. Penny never needed a special occasion or fancy dress or beautiful flowers, when it came to Luke. He’d been her first love and her last love. She never let anyone get that close to her since they broke up, but she’s sure she can protect her heart, especially for one night. Add in dancing and champagne and wine and speeches about love and who could resist...

What’s your favorite part about weddings? The ceremony? The food? The dancing? Dressing up? The cake?

Comment to be entered to win copies of both Father by Choice and One Night with the Best Man.


Mahalo, Amanda, for the giveaway!  Comments are open through Saturday, September 20, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, September 21.  

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

19326900

21 comments:

  1. Seeing the love shining in the bride and groom's eyes is my favorite part of a wedding. I also love the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite part is watching the bride walk up - or is it down? - the aisle. All eyes are on her. This is her time to shine. ALL brides are beautiful on their day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me of the line in 27 Dresses where they watch the groom instead of the bride. :)

      Delete
  3. My favorite part is when they turn around after being pronounced husband and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They usually have such good food at receptions and I love the dancing as well.

      Delete
  5. The cake! I love sweets! Also love how happy everyone is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunts used to make these cream cheese mints that were to die for. A good cake is awesome.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a big fan of weddings in real life ( I had dressing up), but I do enjoy the receptions. Being able to catch up with people, eating good food and dancing :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing people I haven't seen in a while at weddings. It's great to catch up.

      Delete
  7. Seeing the overwhelming happiness and love emanate from the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That overwhelming swell of joy... sigh... yeah, that's the best.

      Delete
  8. I just love seeing the joy on the groom's face when he first sees his bride... most people are looking at the bride, but me?? I'm looking at the groom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the part when the couple are exchanging their vows. I'm always crying at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love the receptions and fun at them. Seeing what kind of yummy food you will have and then celebrating with the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the planning of the wedding. Not paying for it though, lol. I've had 2 daughters get married in 2 years.

    ReplyDelete