Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Aloha to Rosanne Bittner and DESPERATE HEARTS


ALOHA! Rosanne Bittner, here, in reply to your invitation to visit your blog. Thanks so much, and I hope you will all pick up a copy of my September book, DESPERATE HEARTS! It’s a great “wild-west” action romance set in the little gold town of Alder, Montana, and you will love the hero, Mitch Brady, a vigilante who is tough on the outside but so caring on the inside.

DESPERATE HEARTS is my 59th published novel. I’ve been writing over 30 years and have won numerous writing awards. Most of my books are about America’s Old West of the 1800’s, an era of unbelievable growth in America, and packed with food for plot, from the building of the Transcontinental Railroad to the discovery of gold, the settlement of endless untamed country, battles with Native Americans (and I’ve written stories about the history of Native Americans, told mostly from their point of view), the Mexican War, and even the Civil War touched on the West. I have also written about the French & Indian Wars, the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and border wars that took place between states before the breakout of the Civil War. My goal has always been to relate real American history through fictitious characters in an exciting way, and from reader feedback I receive, I know I have accomplished that goal.

“What makes Montana the perfect backdrop for a western romance?”

Oh, gosh, that’s easy! It’s gorgeous!!! What better setting for sweeping romance than the equally sweeping splendor of America’s Rocky Mountains? I have traveled the West so often that I can actually tell, in a movie, where it is set. Some people might think that all mountains out west look the same, but no, they definitely do not! My favorite western state is Colorado, and that state as well as Wyoming and Montana are the three best when it comes to magnificent landscapes. In Montana the mountains just seem – how do I put this? – more GRAND!

To me the Rockies are like the bastions of the West – bold, forbidding, daring, undefeatable – much like we want our western heroes to be. They are tough, able with fists and gun, cunning, survivors, and in the case of my heroes, always respectful of women. They love to the very fiber of their being and are loyal and protective. I guess in the end I’d have to say I like Montana because it reminds me of the perfect hero – and it presents formidable challenges for a man and woman in love who must face danger together. That’s the primary theme of most of my books. I wrote a big family saga a few years ago called WILDEST DREAMS, about a young couple who settles in Montana and all the dangers they face together through their years of loving and surviving in an untamed land. Sourcebooks has reissued that book in print and as an e-book, so you might want to pick that one up, too, if you like reading about Montana.

Thank you so much for asking me to comment on your blog! I hope you will visit mine at rosannebittner.blogspot.com. And check out my web site at rosannebittner.com. I am also on Facebook and Twitter and Google and Amazon and Goodreads and many other places on the internet. Most of my books are still available in print, including a lot of my older titles, some of which have been reissued with new covers and are now available also as e-books!

Happy reading!


Montana
Public Domain (link)

Elizabeth Wainwright is on the run. Accused of a murder she didn’t commit, she has no choice but to cut ties with her old life and flee West. The last thing she wants is attention, but when her stagecoach is attacked, she suddenly finds herself under the fierce protection of one of Montana’s famed vigilantes…whether she likes it or not.

Lawman Mitch Brady is sworn to uphold justice. He’s never met a man he’s feared, and he’s never met a woman more desperately in need of his help. Something’s shaken the secretive Elizabeth, but as he gets to know the beautiful city belle, he finds the only thing he wants more than her safety…is her trust. Elizabeth longs to give herself to Mitch, but when her past finally catches up with her, can she truly trust her life to the vigilante who’s stolen her heart?


Amazon: link
BAM: link
B&N: link
Chapters: link
IndieBound: link
iTunes: link
Kobo: link


Rosanne Bittner is an award-winning novelist who is highly acclaimed for her thrilling love stories and historical authenticity. Her epic romances span the West—from Canada to Mexico, Missouri to California—and are often based on personal visits to each setting. She lives in Michigan with her husband and two sons. You can find her at rosannebittner.com.

I am giving away a "Hearts" swag bag to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,


1.  Leave a comment about Montana - what do you about the "Big Sky Country" state?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, September 27, 10 pm in Baltimore.  

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, September 28.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore

Aloha  Spirit in Charm City

Montana
Public Domain (link)


12 comments:

  1. I know a part of Yellowstone National Park is in Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that is a northern state & always looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of cowboys and movie stars that have ranches there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Montana is beautiful and has amazing wilderness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know they have the best blueberries and it is home to one of my favorite authors - MK McClintock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the capital is Helena and the largest city is Billings. I'd love to visit Yellowstone National Park. I've heard it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not much I'm afraid - I think of it as wide open country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since seeing pictures of Montana years ago, I've wanted to move there. Being in the desert of Nevada we just don't have the greenery that they do there. All that beautiful land, the tree's and forest and the winter..We don't get snow here and I would love to have a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this book sitting on my TBR pile! Can't wait to start it. :) My best friend lives in MT, but I have yet to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a friend who lives in Montana and I like that it's filled with hard working people. I'd love to visit and experience the "big sky" myself.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete