Sunday, September 7, 2014

Aloha to Samantha Grace and IN BED WITH A ROGUE

18509608

Last week, I pulled a back muscle and spent several hours in best rest with Samantha Grace and IN BED WITH A ROGUE, Book 2 in the Rival Rogues series. From Samantha's bio,

Historical romance author Samantha Grace discovered the appeal of a great love story when she was just a young girl, thanks to Disney's Robin Hood. She didn't care that Robin Hood and Maid Marian were cartoon animals. It was her first happily-ever-after experience and she didn't want the warm fuzzies to end. Now Samantha enjoys creating her own happy-endings for characters that spring from her imagination. Publisher's Weekly describes her stories as "fresh and romantic" with subtle humor and charm. Samantha describes romance writing as the best job ever.

Part-time hospice social worker, moonlighting author, and pilates nut, she enjoys a happy and hectic life with her real life hero and two kids in the Midwest.


Samantha Grace | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest



Samantha joins us today with a guest post to celebrate the release of IN BED WITH A ROGUE ...

Aloha, everyone! I’m Samantha Grace, regency romance author, and I’m very happy to be back at SOS Aloha. Let’s all imagine we are in Hawaii now sipping a cup of Kona coffee and enjoying the breeze off the ocean. Ahh… That was nice. Okay, now it’s time to jump in the Delorean time machine and travel back to 19th century England.

It’s the start of the London Season and young debutantes are flooding the marriage mart hoping to make a fortuitous match. Marriage is serious business when an entire family’s welfare could depend on (1) gaining status by marrying into nobility - female (2) gaining access to a large dowry to save entailed property - male (3) producing an heir to inherit the entailed property - male.

When a property was entailed, lands and often contents of the house couldn’t be sold off even if the property was falling into ruin. Everything was part of the estate and reserved for the next male heir. If there wasn’t an heir, the Crown could take the land, leaving the living females with no home. No pressure!

Even though it seems like a lot more responsibility is falling on the gentleman, he definitely has the advantage. There just aren’t enough gentlemen to go around, which means there’s a lot of competition when it comes to capturing a gentleman’s attention, so you have to be on your game! You’re going to need a…

Debutante Disaster Preparedness Plan

#1 Being presented at Court is nice, but your true ticket to success comes in the form of a voucher to Almack’s, the hottest dance club in 19th Century London. If you have any hope of making a marriage match, you better be at the Marriage Mart on Wednesday evenings. Almack’s is one of the few places single gentlemen and debutantes can mingle, so you better make nice with someone influential if you want that voucher. And if you aren’t dressed to the wow, you’ll never get past the bouncers aka the Lady Patronesses, so dress for success.

#2 On that note, you must have lots and lots of gowns. In fact, you better build up your stamina, because you’re going to be changing clothes several times a day. If you are lucky, the most sought-after modiste will take you on as a client. You must be the most fashionable lady in London if you expect to gain a gentleman’s attention, or that of his mother.

#3 A sweet disposition and sterling reputation will go a long way in helping you to bring a gentleman up to scratch. After all, you know how some mamas are. They only want the best for their sons, and someone who won’t challenge their position at home. To that end, be sure you’ve studied the “Etiquette Survival Guide”. One faux pas could mean ruination is nipping at your heels.

Poor Eve Thorne, my hero’s sister from IN BED WITH A ROGUE, had a disastrous first season when her betrothed jilted her at the altar. It’s not fair, but everyone believed her groom must have found out disturbing news about her and that’s why he took off suddenly and escaped to India. But big brother Sebastian is determined to make things right for Evie and he has stumbled across the perfect solution: Lady Helena Prestwick. When he discovers a secret about Helena, he has no plans to spill the beans. He has never cared for the gossipmongers who’ve hurt his sister, so why should he toss them a juicy bone? He sees an opportunity to for Helena and him to help each other out, however. On Helena’s behalf, he will search the fashionable brothels for a young woman who is obviously important to her, and Helena will use her reputation and influence to help his Evie reenter Society. It’s the perfect arrangement that neither suspect could lead to a permanent partnership.

We had a lot of fun at my recent release party posting photos of dresses we wanted to be wearing. Some partygoers really got into the spirit with changing their dress every time a new guest author showed up. So many pretty colors! Of course, if you were a debutante during the Regency period, you didn’t get to wear all those vibrant colors. You had to stick to white or pastels, but let’s throw caution to the wind! What color gown would you wear to shock the ton? I’m choosing royal blue.

Dido Elizabeth Belle and Lady Elizabeth Murray
enjoyed a shocking friendship 

Mahalo, Samantha, for sharing the Debutante Disaster Preparedness Plan!  Sourcebooks is giving away a copy of IN BED WITH A ROGUE ... 

He’s the Talk of the Town

The whole town is tittering about Baron Sebastian Thorne having been jilted at the altar. Every move he makes ends up in the gossip columns. Tired of being the butt of everyone’s jokes, Sebastian vows to restore his family’s reputation no matter what it takes.

She’s the Toast of the Ton

Feted by the crème of society, the beautiful widow Lady Prestwick is a vision of all that is proper. But Helena is no angel, and when Sebastian uncovers her dark secret, he’s quick to press his advantage. In order to keep her hard-won good name, Helen will have to make a deal with the devil. But she’s got some tricks up her sleeves to keep this notorious rogue on his toes…

Amazon B&N | BAM! | IndieBound | !ndigo | iTunes

26 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha!! I love regency ball gown, I would hate getting stuck in just whites or pastels. Can you tell I'd be one of the debutantes they all gossip about? That or a wallflower no one pays mind to lol But I'd choose a lovely shade of emerald green for my gown! Looking forward to reading In Bed with A Rogue! Sebastian and Helena sound wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada,
      We'd have a lot of fun shocking the ton together, I'm sure. I love emerald green. It would be my second choice for a gown. Of course, the wallflowers get all the dirt on everyone else because they are watching and listening to the gossip around them. That could be interesting. :)

      Delete
    2. I think we'd have a blast! Plus, I think the wallflowers always scope out the hottest lords because we really pay attention haha

      Delete
  2. I'd be wearing purple. Not only my favorite color, but it comes in so many amazing shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, Mary. I find I'm often drawn to purple clothes even though I don't usually buy them. I love the purple cover for One Rogue Too Many. I think the purple looks good with Lady Gabrielle's hair color. :)

      Delete
  3. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book, so not entering. It is so good! Thanks, Samantha! I will always choose blue, as it is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What shade of blue, Sharlene? Would it be a vibrant sea blue or a rich royal blue? That's one thing I love about the color. Like purple, it comes in so many shades. :)

      Delete
    2. I like all shades of blue, but I guess sky blue is a good one for a gown!

      Delete
  4. Red, because there was nothing more shocking it seems. However, for myself, I prefer a dark green as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red would definitely be shocking, but I love a red dress! It screams confidence to me. :)

      Delete
  5. I would also pick royal blue or aquamarine :) But I wouldn't have the stamina to change in and out of those heavy gowns multiple times a day!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, Erin. The corset alone would do me in. I'm exhausted after wrestling into Spanx! ;)

      Delete
  6. My gown would definitely be bright RED! If I needed changes...they also would be RED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red, Betty. It's my second favorite color behind orange, not that I would likely wear an orange dress. :)

      Delete
  7. I'd choose electric blue or blue france (As Maxima In Holland's coronation). Have you seen her? Astounding colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I looked her up, Vero. What a stunning dress and color!!!

      Delete
  8. I would choose either Royal blue, Emerald Green or a lovely vibrant shade of red. I love all those ballgowns that those debutantes got to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,
      Your personality fits all those vibrant colors. I could easily see you in one of those colors. :)

      Delete
  9. I've always had good luck with a deep blue, so that's what I'd choose. I get lots of compliments on my blue eyes because a blue dress makes them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd go for emerald green or a really vibrant teal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red of course! Or to give them something to talk about for years, black ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would wear a deep purple gown. Love your books Samantha! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dark red. That is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd pick a gown of a deep fuschia color, that'll shock the old biddies of the ton!! :)

    ReplyDelete