Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Night Romance with Tracy Solheim - College Style


The party continues on USA Today's HEA Blog with our weekly column, MONDAY NIGHT ROMANCE. This week Tracy and I chat about college football at this link.    In fact, we reminisce about the Big Men on Campus - BMOC.

After college, I met the "Big Men on Base" when I reported to my first duty assignment at Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts.   I admired many of the young officers who seemed to have it all.   

Last week, hubby and I enjoyed a mini-vaca in the Boston area. We stopped by Hanscom AFB for a trip down memory lane - I posted pictures on my travel blog, Aloha On My Mind, at this link.   Our visit to the base reminded me of one junior officer who had it all - Michael D. Neuner.  He was fun loving, kind hearted, and good looking, too.  Mike and I enjoyed a special friendship as we both hailed from Florida.  Sadly, cancer took his life but his spirit remains alive through those he touched with his positive attitude.   For me, Michael remains the ultimate Big Man on Campus.   

Michael (with baton) kicking off the 24 hour charity run.

Do you have a "crush" on any football players or other public personalities who fit the mold of "Big Man on Campus"?   One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, September 20, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, September 21.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Tracy and her "Big Men of Football" at tracysolheim.com.


159853461757286218667905


11 comments:

  1. Not a crush but a deep respect for Clayton Kershaw, lunbelievable efty pitcher for the LA Dodgers and humanitarian.

    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda have a crush on Novak Djokovic though he seems a little humble to be "Big Man on Campus."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch football so I don't have a crush on any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch football so i can't say i do. I am more of a hockey fan actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It constantly changes but at the moment it is Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like hockey and baseball more, so my crushes would be Henrik Lundqvist and Derek Jeter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, I am a sports fan, love my bay area teams
    So many crushes, jeter respect, him
    Colin kap niners
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't say that I do crush on any, or have ever. My crushes were more on the non-sporty types.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I know I may get a little slack over this one but I used to have a crush on John Elway. He had the BMOC looks and commanded respect on and off the field.

    ReplyDelete