Aloha! It is my honor to host the Sweet & Sassy Blog tour to celebrate Hope Ramsay's INN AT LAST CHANCE and Molly Cannon's FLIRTING WITH FOREVER. Both authors share their top 5 "sweet and sassy" things they love ...
From Hope Ramsay ....
1. My husband, affectionately known as the Georgia Good Ol’ Boy. He’s sweet, but he sure can sass.
2. Southern men, generally. (See #1 above)
3. Pakka and Simba, my two cats. Pakka is sweet. Simba is sassy.
4. Sour Patch Kids
5. Ruby Rhodes, the hairdresser in Last Chance, South Carolina
Hope Ramsay grew up on the North Shore of Long Island, but every summer Momma would pack her off under the care of Aunt Annie to go visiting with relatives in the midlands of South Carolina. Her extended family includes its share of colorful aunts and uncles, as well as cousins by the dozens, who provide the fodder for the characters you'll find in Last Chance, South Carolina. She's a two-time finalist in the Golden Heart and is married to a good ol' Georgia boy who resembles every single one of her heroes. She lives in Fairfax, Virginia, where you can often find her on the back deck, picking on her thirty-five-year-old Martin guitar.
Jenny Carpenter is the unrivaled pie-baking champion of Last Chance, South Carolina's annual Watermelon Festival and the town's unofficial spinster. With her dream of marriage and children on hold, she focuses on another dream, turning the local haunted house into a charming bed-and-breakfast. But her plans go off course when the home's former owner shows up on her doorstep on a dark and stormy night . . . Mega-bestselling horror writer Gabriel Raintree is as mysterious and tortured as his heroes. His family's long-deserted mansion is just the inspiration he needs to finish his latest twisted tale, or so he thinks until he learns it's been sold. The new innkeeper proves to be as determined as she is kind, and soon Gabriel finds himself a paying guest in his own home. As Jenny and Gabe bring new passion to the old house, can she convince him to leave the ghosts of his past behind-and make Last Chance their first choice for a future together?
Barnes & Noble link
From Molly Cannon ...
1. Nothing is better than being surrounded by loved ones, sharing food, talk and making memories. And of course grandkids are such an extra special blessing.
2. I’m all jazzed about the mini-series coming out this summer of Diana Gabaldon’s OUTLANDER!
3. Dinner with old friends. We meet with a group once a month and never run out of things to yak about.
4. Pecan pie and lemon meringue are tied at the top of my dessert love meter at the moment.
5. Live music. Any kind, anywhere really gets my juices flowing!
Molly lives a charmed life in Texas with her nearly perfect husband and extremely large cat Nelson. When she's not writing, she spends her days reading, taking dance classes with the hubby and watching all kinds of sports.
Flying is Theo Jacobson's passion. Soaring above the clouds, he's on to the next adventure . . . and the next woman. So when he comes home to Everson, Texas, for his big brother's wedding, it's nothing but a pit stop. He'll act as best man, cover the family business while the happy couple honeymoons, and be on his way before the champagne goes flat. But all that changes when he comes face-to-face with the wedding planner-the very same woman who broke his heart without a backward glance years ago. Irene Cornwell started I Do I Do with a wing and a prayer. Now, with two weddings under her belt, it's a piece of cake . . . until Theo lands back in town. Just seeing his twinkling blue eyes and infuriatingly sexy smile turns her world upside down. For the sake of her business, she proposes an uneasy truce. But when the wedding is over-all bets are off!
Barnes & Noble link
I am giving away print copies of INN AT LAST CHANCE and FLIRTING WITH FOREVER to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about cozy inns in small towns ... or flying in a small plane.
I flew in a small plane from Honolulu to Kalaupapa to visit the historic leper colony on Moloka'i - check out pictures on my travel blog at this link.
2. Comments are open through Saturday, May 3, 10 pm in Baltimore.
3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, May 4.
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City