Saturday, July 30, 2016

Aloha to Margaret Mallory and CLAIMED BY A HIGHLANDER (The Douglas Legacy Book 2)

30812779

THE DOUGLAS LEGACY
The Douglas sisters, beauties all, are valuable pawns in their family's bitter struggle to control the Scottish Crown. But when their enemies strike, each Douglas lass will find she’s been left to face them alone.

CLAIMED BY A HIGHLANDER
Lady Sybil Douglas’s fall from court favorite to royal enemy is swift after her brothers are charged with treason and flee Scotland. When a huge Highland warrior appears claiming they are bound by a marriage contract, she’s desperate enough to ride off with him. She’ll worry later about how to escape the wedding.

The last thing Rory MacKenzie needs is a pampered Lowlander wife. He traveled to Edinburgh in the hope of dissolving the ill-begotten marriage contract. But now that the Douglas men have abandoned his would-be bride, he’s honor-bound to protect her.

Sybil and Rory fight scorching passion on their perilous journey to the MacKenzie castle, where murder and intrigue await. When everything is at risk, will they rely on each other and claim their unexpected love before it’s too late?




MARGARET MALLORY surprised her friends & family by abandoning her legal career to write tales of romance & adventure. At long last, she can satisfy her passion for justice by punishing the bad & rewarding the worthy--in the pages of her novels.

Margaret lives in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with her husband, goofy dog & crabby cat. With her two children off to college, Margaret spends most of her time working on her next Scottish historical romance. Visit her website, margaretmallory.com, for Book Group Discussion Questions, photos of Scotland, and more.  Margaret loves to hear from readers!


Margaret also posted pictures from Scotland related to CLAIMED BY A HIGHLANDER on Facebook at this link.

Caerlavercok Castle
Public Domain (link)


Margaret is giving away a signed copy of CAPTURED BY A LAIRD (Book 1) to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1. What's your favorite castle in Scotland?  Here's a list at this link.  Mine is Caerlaverock Castle in Dumfries.

2. Comments are open through Saturday, August 6, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 7.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

23338387

29 comments:

  1. I adore the looks of the beautiful Inveraray castle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not drive west enough to see this treasure - we'll add it to our list for our next trip!

      Delete
    2. I visited Inveraray and loved it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sadly, I missed Eilean Donan Castle when we toured Alba. So I just have to be satisfied with pictures online.

      Delete
    2. I've been to Eilean Donan a couple of times. It plays an important role in this new book. :)

      Delete
  3. They all look wonderful in their own way. I wouldn't mind visiting Balmoral and taking afternoon tea with the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join you. Let's get fancy hats ... or maybe fascinators! I have toured Balmoral in July when the Queen is not in residence. You only can tour one room inside - the ballroom which is smaller than expected. At that time, it had a thoughtful display in honor of Princess Diana. The grounds are gorgeous and you can rent cottages, too!

      Delete
    2. Righty ho Kim, let's wear fascinators. That really sucks that you can only tour the ballroom though. I suppose that we will just have to settle then for taking tea with Liz. LOL

      Delete
  4. Balvenie Castle...just because

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kim, for this post for my latest Highlander romance! As you mentioned above, I posted photos of places in the Scottish Highlands I visited & put in this book. The photos are in order (mostly) so that readers can check them out as they read along. Hope readers enjoy the book and the photos! :) I have Scotland photos related to other books on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Castle Stalker - love that name - I wish I could visit them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Castle Stalker is gorgeous! When we were in the area, a local told us he watched a bride wearing rubber boots under her wedding dress to climb into a small boat to cross to the small island the castle is on. :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Mallory on the new release. I'll have to go with Kisimul Castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Kisimul Castle, Jane, but I did put it in a previous book--THE SINNER (The Return of the Highlanders, #2).

      Delete
  8. I've never been so no real favorites. I'm sure I'd be fascinated by any of them. Love her books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been, but based on the list & pictures, Linlithgow Palace looks interesting & I like the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fyvie Castle, Turriff, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Grampian looks interesting. Rather grand, it would be a good place tp start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Craigievar Castle looks almost like a fairy tale castle. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Craigievar Castle looks almost like a fairy tale castle. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lauriston Castle looks absolutely amazing. I'd be happy to visit any castle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realize there were so many. Duart Castle is one. Would love to visit Scotland. Can't wait to read Captured By The Laird. Love Margaret's Highlanders.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realize there were so many. Duart Castle is one. Would love to visit Scotland. Can't wait to read Captured By The Laird. Love Margaret's Highlanders.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Cow! I never realized just how many castles are in Scotland! I don't have a favorite, but maybe if I could visit a few of them, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Urquhart Castle, Dumnadrochit, Highlands is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many interesting castles! My favorites are Edinburgh Castle and Lauriston Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linlithgow Palace is just beautiful. I love the landscape it's set in with the beautiful water around it.

    ReplyDelete