Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Washington Loves Readers - Spotlight on Tracee Lydia Garner


The Washington Romance Writers (WRW) are hosting their annual Reader Luncheon (link) on Saturday, October 8, 2016. I look forward to meeting Tracee Garner:

Tracee Lydia Garner is a a speaker, private writing coach and author of five books. Born and raised in Northern Virginia, she holds a degree in Communications from Old Dominion University. She tremendously enjoys the written and spoken word and prior to entertaining full length novels, was a contributor to her alma mater's campus literary magazine.

Writing her first novel at 23, Tracee submitted it to contest hosted by BET Books, then the largest publisher of African-American fiction where, her story entitled Family Affairs, beat out hundreds of other contenders, winning the grand prize, a monetary advance and publication. She signed a book deal for two more titles. Tracee has been writing since she was in elementary school. She teaches Romance Novel Writing and How to Write the Novel at the college level and has done so for ten years. She also enjoys marketing, reading, writing and is a certified shopaholic.


Learn more about Tracee and her books at teegarner.com.

Update:  Tracee is unable to attend the lucheon as scheduled .... so I will seek her out to see that brilliant smile in person!


I love the cover of ANCHORED HEARTS ...

Despite her prestigious professional role, Allontis Baxter’s private life is in shambles. She’s just broken up with her no-good boyfriend, her adopted mother figure is dying in the hospital and now she’s been turned down in an attempt to adopt a child of her own. Plus, Allontis’s old flame Cole Parker has returned to their hometown from New York City, causing her dilemmas to multiply as old feelings are rekindled. What’s a successful and motivated nonprofit career woman to do?

When a series of chance encounters at work fling her into the middle of a mysterious scandal, Allontis realizes she’s caught up in a dangerous game that could send her chaotic life up in flames. Struggling to keep the pieces of her own life together while protecting those she loves, Allontis is forced to confront the true meaning of family and to face some demons of her own.


24270732

I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash.  To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about Washington, D.C. - what do you know about our nation's capital? 

2. Comments are open through Saturday, July 30, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, July 31.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

25 comments:

  1. We went to Washington DC in my 12th grade. It was great to explore and see all the landmarks of our nation there. I enjoyed the museums the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kim! I appreciate the unexpected shout out/coverage. Yaya. I love DC, it seems like a microcosm of the world, so much diversity and so much to DO, I usually have a very hard time deciding my next adventure. The DC area AND metro is also VERY accessible, so if you have family/friends with disabilities, bring 'em on over! Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been twice - it has so many museums and monuments to keep you busy for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went there when I was in junior high and one of the best parts was visiting the National Air and Space Museum and the astronaut ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to DC once when I was a teenager. Would love to go back and see all the sights. Would love to see the cherry blossoms blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have not visit but on bucket list
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to Washington & don't know much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live very close to Washington and have visited many times but still have so much to see. The #1 place on my list is the White House.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was there once and have wanted to go back. We saw so many monuments. And a small part of the Smithonian.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was there once and have wanted to go back. We saw so many monuments. And a small part of the Smithonian.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've driven past it a lot on my way south, but haven't been downtown in many years - I'd love to visit the zoo and museums

    ReplyDelete
  12. We visted many years ago and I saw the Viet Nam Wall and I found the name of a fellow student. So Sad.
    ladbookfan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I will find the White House there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I will find the White House there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know about the White House :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know some but no desire to visit because of the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband was stationed at Andrews AFB for 5 years. We lived in Northern Virginia and when we could, we took advantage of all that was available for our children. Our girls were in high school and our son was in preschool, so there were times it was a bit hard to combine the age interests. We have taken our grandson there for a visit. My husband has been a Guardian for an Honor Flight Veteran and will likely do it again. We plan on going back up again to visit all the wonderful things DC has to offer that are a bit more on the adult side that we didn't get to do when we lived there. It may be expensive to get a hotel, but so much of what is there to see is free that it can be a rather inexpensive visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm afraid I don't know much about Washington except for the fact that the White House is located there

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been a couple times and never had enought time to see half of what I wanted to see.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't really know much about Washington, wish I could go visit there though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My father was stationed at the Pentagon and we visited often. So much to see and do but my favorite was the Smithsonium.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have not been - it would be a marvelous place to visit representing our great country.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never went there but I do know that's where all of the decisions concerning the country takes place and it also has a lot of history

    ReplyDelete