Friday, July 22, 2016

RWA Recap - Book Signings and Author Hobnobbing


Last Friday was dedicated to book signings ... and walking to the post office to mail boxes home.

I enjoyed breakfast with Kate Pearce - an English rose transplanted on the Big Island of Hawaii. We caught up with recent lava flow thanks to Madame Pele.  Kate also asked me to review her upcoming release THE RELUCTANT COWBOY .... squee!



After breakfast, I scurried over to the Avon Romance book signing, where I chatted with Jill Shalvis ... she gave me an ARC for her upcoming release, THE TROUBLE WITH MISTLETOE.  Squee again! Rest assured, I hand carried these two ARCs home with me rather than risk them in the mail.

28446375

Over at St. Martin's Press book signing, I gushed over Diane Kelly ...

26114633

... and then Tracy Solheim at the Berkley Romance book signing.

25685028

I also attended the St. Martin's Press cocktail party, where I chatted with Farrah Rochon.  She is an absolute delight!  I hope to persuade her to share her Louisiana cooking skills at next year's conference!


The cocktail party was held at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion ... librarian extraordinaire Wendy Crutcher pointed me in the direction of the Hawaiian themed sushi ... it was a taste of Paradise!


Do you like Cajun cuisine and/or Hawaiian food?  I love Shrimp Etouffee from New Orleans and Loco Moco from Waikiki.  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash. Comments are open through Saturday, July 23, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, July 24.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

San Diego Bay
Public Domain (link)

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. I like to try the local foods when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your adventures. I don't know anything about Cajun or Hawaiian food to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Cajun or Hawaiian food,but I would love to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the photos, Kim! I wasn't able to go this year and it's been wonderful seeing all the sights and events through your camera lens.

    I love the taste of Cajun food but my tummy doesn't do well with the spices. I sampled a lot of Hawaiian food on a trip to Oahu a few years ago. Loved everything I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was lovely to share some Aloha time with you. And as for Hawaiian food, I'm a confirmed poke lover now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had Hawaiian food or Cajun food. I've heard that Cajun food is spicy and I don't care for spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it I love spicy an seafood
    Can eat all day
    Thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like (and cook) Cajun cuisine. I made shrimp stew this week. It's a frequent misunderstanding that Cajun food is simply hyper-spiced with red pepper. That would be easy to cook, but not especially palatable. Cajun food is more earthy and subtle than that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had Hawaiian or Cajun food.
    Patty B43

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the food in Hawaii - especially fresh seafood and of course things with pineapple - haven't had much Cajun food, it's usually a bit spicy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing your experience. I enjoy Cajun and Hawaiian food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried either but I tried Thai and I'm surprised that I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is a Pina Colada Hawaiian? Then yes! And macadamia nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Cajun food - though I'm more of a crawfish etouffee person than shrimp. I honestly haven't had any specifically Hawaiian food unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have been to New Orleans several times and always enjoy indulging on the wonderful food in the area. I did a Mardi Gras party at home with recipes I got on the first trip.. Everything turned out so delicious. I really need to do that again. I haven't had the opportunity to have real Hawaiian food in Hawaii, but I certainly would like to. I love trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never tried Cajun cuisine or Hawaiian food, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never tried Cajun cuisine or Hawaiian food, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have yet to try both, but love pineapple :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm from there originally so love Cajun food. never tried Hawaiian food

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never tried Hawaiian food but I'm not a fan of Cajun food because I can't eat things that are spicy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like both though I haven't had much of either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some I like and some I do not. I have a very sensative stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoy some of the Cajun rice dishes but sadly I've never had any Hawaiian food. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have had both, dont care for anything to spicy. Like anything made with pineapple.
    Mickey M.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It took all the will power I have (which isn't much!) to not pull up a chair directly to the sushi table and got to town. I seriously LOVE sushi.

    ReplyDelete