Friday, April 18, 2014

Aloha to Carolyn Brown and THE RED-HOT CHILI COOK-OFF

17586499

I once entered a chili cook off at work.  My pot of vegetarian chili won the "NYC style" trophy.   Perhaps I will indulge in real Texas style chili this summer at the RWA National Conference in San Antonio.  Speaking of chili, Carolyn Brown delivers a humorous tale of chili ...

More Than the Chili's Heating Up Cadillac, Texas

Carlene Lovelle, co-owner of Bless My Bloomers lingerie shop, found a pair of fancy red-silk panties in her husband's briefcase, and all hell is breaking loose. She custom-made those fancy bloomers herself—and she remembers the bimbo who bought them. If her husband had a lick of sense, he'd known there are no secrets in a town like Cadillac.

Carlene's cohorts—and their mamas—plan to exact revenge on Lenny Joe where it'll hurt the most: break his ten-year winning streak at the prestigious Red-Hot Chili Cook-Off. Never before has a woman dared to compete. But the ladies of Bless My Bloomers are cooking up a storm...and it seems the whole town is taking sides in the showdown.

Welcome to Cadillac, Texas, where the chili is hot, the gossip is hotter, and friends stick by each other, no matter what the challenge.

Lacy things in Lahaina, Maui

I am giving away a print copy of THE RED-HOT CHILI COOK-OFF to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about chili - love it or loathe it?  If you love it, what ingredients do you love best?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, April 26, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, April 27.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more Carolyn and her books, check out her website at carolynlbrown.com.

15942675


13 comments:

  1. I have never made chili myself, but have had it at restaurants and at other people's homes. I guess I should try and make it sometime. As long as it isn't too spicy, I'm not too picky as to what's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chili and make it all the time, especially in the winter. I like to add green pepper and mix kidney and black beans and sometimes I even add corn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never eaten chili. Time to try I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chili...I make a kick butt chili!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good mornin', folks! The mamas in The Red Hot Chili Cook Off can NOT cook, not a single one of them, but they're determined to find a prize winning recipe! You might be amazed at what all winds up in their chili...thank you Kim for this giveaway and to all my readers...welcome to Cadillac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chili! When I was pregnant, I would make chili - the spicier the better- late at night because I had a craving for it! I always made mine with onions, tomatoes, ground meat, spices, and kidney beans. Peppers and mixing the beans sounds good - will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Caroline! I LOVE your humorous romances and stories that take place in small towns. I grew up in a small country town where everyone knew everyone and their struggles and successes were shared by everyone...and where we had some whopper feuds and arguments...and some equally huge celebrations. I won a flower arrangement contest in my town one year when I was a junior in high school. The entries were secret until the winners were announced. Some of the older biddies were shocked and little angry that an upstart had won the contest...and some of the participants were happy for me. So there you go...small town life. :-) I have so many of your books on my keeper shelf...but I don't have this one. I love chili, perhaps too much, and I can't eat it as spicey as I used to. But I still make it from scratch the way my grand daddy did in Farmersville, Texas, except I let others add whatever hot sauce they want to liven it up a bit more. Yum! Thanks for the post and blurb about this story. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it in traditional form. No special ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Glad to eat anytime and make it often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy chili, just not too spicy........

    thank you for the giveaway!!

    cyn209 at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't enter me - I already have my signed copy from Carolyn. Love her books! I don't eat much chili, but I would like it without beans. Not a fan of beans at all!

    ReplyDelete