Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Aloha to Ju Ephraime and ODOR OF VIOLET

17193537

Last night's Jeopardy episode featured the answer "Violet".  How timely as I welcome Ju ephraime in celebration of ODOR OF VIOLET:

After losing his sight in a terrible accident, only to learn that the woman he was planning to marry did not love him enough to accept him, Damien Falconer was devastated. Struggling to cope with his disability, he isolated himself from society, allowing no one to get close to him, but his personal assistant, Jake. Upon learning Jake was soon to leave his employ and return to Scotland, Damien was forced to advertise for his replacement. 

Among the applicants who answered his ad was Lisa Andrews, a registered nurse from Connecticut. But Damien was adamant that he would not be replacing Jake with a woman. His argument was, he did not feel comfortable with a woman doing the things that Jake did for him, but one whiff of Lisa's unique scent and Damien found himself fighting a blistering physical attraction the likes of which he'd never known before. Should he hire her or should he ignore what his "other" senses were screaming at him, about this woman. Damien rustled with the question for several days, but in the end, he caved. And so began a hunger for a woman he couldn't see...could only recognize by her unique scent...yet wanted like he'd never wanted anything before.

From her bio,

I write children’s books under my given name, which can be found here, Too-Clever ,and under my pen name, Ju Ephraime I write high heat, steamy, adult romance novels, which can be found here, Ju Ephraime or on my blog here, All About High Heat Romance.

Kim:  How do you balance writing children's books and "high heat"?

Ju:  I find writing high heat romance much more work and nerve-racking than I do writing children’s books. I love designing the book and putting the entire thing together. Also, it’s just a matter of going back to my childhood to play.

Kim: Who or what helped you along the path to publishing?

Ju:  I was fortunate to be working in the education system, so when I tried one of the big publisher and was told I write for a niche market and they weren’t interested, my school stepped in to help me… I’ve not looked back since.

Kim:  Tell us about ODOR OF VIOLET - what inspired it?

Ju:  I knew I was going to write The Odor of Violet ever since I was ten, when I read a story about a blind detective. At that young age, the character had such a powerful impact on me, I’ve never forgotten the story.

Kim:  What's next for Ju Ephraime?

Ju:  What’s next? I’m currently in the process of finishing the fourth, and last book in my LaCasse series, as well as, redoing the graphics in two of my children’s books.

Again, thanks for giving me this opportunity and I hope you enjoy, The Odor of Violet, as I enjoyed writing it.

Purchase Ju's books from these retailers:

www.indiebound.org
www.kobobooks.com
www.amazon.com
www.barnesandnoble.com


19545750

7 comments:

  1. I've only read one other book with a blind hero but I enjoyed it very much - this sounds like another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I like the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this book and it is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim:

    Thanks for promoting my books on your site. I truly am grateful. I know your readers won't be disappointed in either of the books you have listed, even if I say so myself, LOL. Feel free to drop me a line, I love the feedback: author@juliaeantoine.com. Again, thanks!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good book. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete