Sunday, April 6, 2014

Aloha to Jennifer McQuiston and MOONLIGHT ON MY MIND

17665214

I received a surprise package last week from Avon Romance - several copies of Jennifer McQuistons' MOONLIGHT ON MY MIND, one for me to review and others to share:

To ruin a man’s life once takes a regrettable mistake.

To do so twice takes a woman like Julianne Baxter.

Eleven months ago, Julianne’s statement to the authorities wrongly implicated Patrick, the new Earl of Haversham, in his older brother’s death. The chit is as much trouble as her red hair suggests, and just as captivating. Now she has impetuously tracked him to the wilds of Scotland, insisting that he return home to face a murder charge and save his family from ruin. A clandestine wedding may be the only way to save her reputation—and his neck from the hangman’s noose.

Julianne has no objection to the match. More and more she’s convinced of Patrick’s innocence, though when it comes to igniting her passions, the man is all too guilty. And if they can only clear his name, a marriage made in haste could bring about the most extraordinary pleasure…

MOONLIGHT ON MY MIND is Book Three in the Second Sons series.   I enjoyed Book 1, WHAT HAPPENS IN SCOTLAND, giving it a five star rating on Goodreads (link).  Book 1 introduced readers to all three heroes in the series, with David Cameron taking his turn in Book 2, SUMMER IS FOR LOVERS.  

Moonlight over Pearl Harbor

I am looking forward to reading MOONLIGHT ON MY MIND ... and offer a copy to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about the moonlight ... do you star gaze at night?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, April 12, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, April 13.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Jennifer and her books, check out her website at jenmcquiston.com.

1482385017331380



25 comments:

  1. I love start gazing but unfortunately where I live the it's usually cloudy & too bright for star gazing. I love wishing upon a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The night sky here is clear & bright & incredible. We can actually see Mars & the stars are large in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I and the girls love star gazing at night, it's a special family get together.
    Thank you for the review this l\sounds very good
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the moon. I do have a telescope and am looking forward to using it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too much ambient light in my area... but when we visit the beach.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I'm usually sound asleep! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my family first moved to South Florida, the area that we lived in was freshly cleared for home sites. There were no street lights except for the main highway that led to our housing development. I have never before or since seen such a beautiful clear star filled sky with a big beautiful moon. It was glorious and we stood out back and just stared at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Years ago, my son lived in Hollywood, Florida, right at the beach. I would stand out on his deck at night and look at all the beautiful stars in the sky. It truly was a sight to behold.

    I bought this book a couple of weeks ago, so there's no need to enter me into the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking at the stars. About 10years ago a bunch of friends and I went up to the mountains to watch a meoter showers that was pretty cool, yet cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately I haven't read this series yet.But I am looking forward to it.
    I used to spend a lot of time gazing at the stars with my older kids when they were in the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Thanks for the opportunity.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I've been wanting to try her books. Moonlight is fascinating and I love it when it's full!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great post! I had a friend who was into start charts and such and I remember him taking me out to see. It was fun but I couldn't make out anything that he pointed out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not nearly enough!! Thanks for the great giveaway.

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim!

    How lucky you were to get a copy of Moonlight On My Mind! from Avon Romance! I've loved reading the first two books in Jennifer's Second Sons series and anyone who hasn't had the chance to read the first two hopefully will go to Amazon or their local bookstore to pick up copies of them. Granted you don't have to read them first but they were so much fun to read in order that they'll love reading the first two books first!

    Jennifer knows just how to draw her readers into her stories and once you pick one up you just won't be able to put it down without finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the first 2 books in this series! In the summer, we go for evening walks on the boardwalk & can sometimes see the moon at the same time as the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds awesome! Yes, I stare at the moon and always have. I even took an astronomy class in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy watching the stars and moon at night whenever I am out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like looking at the moon and stars. I really enjoy it when we're at the lake because with the absence of streetlights the stars are so much brighter.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  19. No...sigh...I leave that to my sister the scientist. I spend my evenings reading a good book, and would LOVE to read yours.
    Nancy Lee Badger

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love looking at the moon and stars, although sometimes I'm just in for the night much too early to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that book cover! And yes, I do enjoy looking up at the moon. And the stars. We watched the International Space Station fly over the skies of San Diego a few nights ago. Always fun to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Moonlight and star gazing don't mix too well, but I do enjoy both.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love looking up at the stars :-)

    ReplyDelete