Thursday, April 3, 2014

Aloha to Juliana Stone and THE DAY HE KISSED HER



Let's kick off the weekend with mutli-talented Juliana Stone. She is celebrating the release of THE DAY HE KISSED HER, Book 3 in the Bad Boys of Crystal Lake series.  From her bio,

Music and words have always been my passions. I sing in a band in which my husband plays guitar, and my son comes along for the ride as well. We’re total ’80s geeks, but sadly, the big hair, big shoulder pads, and neon colors are a thing of the past!

Kim:  Did you see the Radio Shack commercial from Superbowl, "The 80s are calling ..."?   What's your favorite part of the ad? Although I enjoyed all the 80s personalities, I appreciate the song by Loverboy, Working for the Weekend.

Juliana:  Wow, that was very cool to watch. I live in Canada so we don’t get all the hyped SuperBowl ads. That one however was pretty funny and I loved Twisted Sister, that guy never changes!

Kim:  What does your family think of your 80s geekness? Back to the present, what does your family think of you being a romance author?

Juliana:  Ah, geekness isn’t the way I’d describe the 80’s at all! For us it’s all about the music. I sang and toured in a rock band and it’s how I met my husband. Our kids are totally into retro music from the 70’s and on. They love the fact that they’re parents rocked!

They love the fact that their mom is now a writer! Of course they don’t read romance but with my debut young adult novel coming out in May, my daughter will finally be able to read some of my work!

Kim:  I look forward to meeting you at RT in New Orleans! Other than your own appearances, what else would you like to do in the Big Easy (at the convention or in town)?

Juliana:  I am so pumped for RT!  I’ve never been to NOLA, so we’re planning a swamp tour as well as the old cemeteries. I also want to hit a plantation so we’re going to do that as well.

Kim:  Did you model any of your heroes after 80s bad boys? What have learned about your writing process (and readers' expectations) throughout this series?

Juliana:  A little tidbit, the original titles for all three books were based on Bon Jovi songs. The Day He Kissed Her was originally entitled Lay Your Hands On Me! My first hero, Cain Black is a rocker (The Summer He Came Home) and he’s a total blend of Jon Bon Jovi and Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. YUM!

Kim:  What's next for Juliana Stone?

Juliana:  A very busy spring and summer! In addition to the release this week of The Day He Kissed Her, I have a debut young adult novel, BOYS LIKE YOU, releasing May 6 from Sourcebooks Fire. I’m also working on JACK, which is book 2 in my The Family Simon series and that should be available in late June! So, busy writing but I love it. Life is good!


Mahalo, Juliana, for joining us at SOS Aloha!   I am giving away a print copy of THE DAY HE KISSED HER to one randomly selected commenter:

He can't wait to leave
Mac Draper finally has everything he's always wanted: An amazing career. A New York City apartment. He's this close to being free of his past forever. But a mind-blowing encounter with the sexy yet tough-as-nails Lily St. Clare has him delaying his plans to put Crystal Lake in his rearview mirror for good.

She's finally found a place to stay
For Lily St. Clare the charming small town of Crystal Lake is her haven—a place she can hide from her famous, back-stabbing family. It's as close to happy as she's ever been. Until an unforgettable night with tall, dark and tortured Mac Draper gives her a glimpse of what true happiness feels like.

Lily can't help but melt a little under the sizzling heat of Mac's touch. But Mac's scars run deep, and Lily's afraid she may be falling for the one man who can never return her feelings...

To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about the '80s ... do you have a favorite memory?  Speaking of Bon Jovi, "Living on a Prayer" topped MTV's Top Five at Five during my senior year of college.   My roomies and I gathered around the big console TV and danced with Jon, Richie, David, and Tico.   

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, April 5, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, April 7.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Juliana and her books, check out her website at julianastone.com.

1574610316050681


16 comments:

  1. I had my two daughters in the 80's - so I'm afraid I was listening to Barnie and Cookie Monster lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in college in the early 80's and then had my first RN job. It was on a locked Psych unit and I worked there for 22 years. :)

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a child of the 50s and 60s and married my DH in 1974. I don't remember a lot about the 80s except we gave and went to a lot of fun parties. I did like Bon Jovi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was having my children in the 80's - a busy year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did grow up in the 80's but since I was born in 1980, I don't remember a whole lot before '86. But I remember the bright neon pink fashion and stretch pants!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was working in the 80's, but my husband and I always made time to go out every week to the base club. They always had great entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fond memories of the 80's. I graduated high school in 1988, so I have many fond memories of times with my high school friends, and then starting college. Watching MTV when there were actually music videos on it. Going to the Oingo Boingo concert. Traveling with my friends in 1988 for our Hawaii graduation trip that we all saved up our money to go on. Fun, fun decade for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the 80's had a lot of changes for me - 2 nephew's & a niece were born, got my MBA, changed jobs three times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved 80s music. I remember when my older cousins got MTV and we would sit around and watch videos all day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was...born in the 80s. I'm rather glad that happened. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to college in the early 80's and it was all about Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the 80s, my first child was born. I do remember some music but none of the names come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember MTV, too, Jane! I remember ZZ Top Legs, You Might Think by The Cars & Robert Palmer Addicted to Love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was working two jobs and dealing with illnesses, so I don't have any fond memories of the 80's!

    ReplyDelete