Sunday, April 27, 2014

TWO DUKES AND A SCANDAL Virtual Book Tour with Caroline Linden, Laura Lee Guhrke, and Gayle Callen


I met three Avon authors this weekend at Barbara Vey's Reader Appreciation Luncheon - Eloisa James, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and Kay Thomas.   Good things come in three, especially at Avon Romance!  This week Avon Romance is celebrating three new historical romances from fan favorites Caroline Linden, Laura Lee Guhrke, and Gayle Callen, available April 29 ...

18480594

Sometimes It Takes a Scandal . . .

Abigail Weston has everything: beauty, wit, and one of the largest dowries in England. Her parents hope she'll wed an earl. Abigail hopes for a man who wants her desperately and passionately. But the money seems to blind every man she meets—except one.

Sebastian Vane has nothing. He came home from war with a shattered leg to find his father mad and his inheritance gone. He's not a fit suitor for anyone, let alone an heiress. But Abigail lights up his world like a comet, bright and beautiful and able to see him instead of his ruined reputation. And it might end happily ever after . . .

To Reveal Your Heart's Desire

. . . Until Benedict Lennox begins courting Abigail. Ben is everything Sebastian isn't—wealthy, charming, heir to an earl. Sebastian won't give up the only girl he's ever loved without a fight, but Abigail must choose between the penniless gentleman who moves her heart, and the suitor who is everything her parents want.

18480581

They had a deal . . .

From the moment she met the devil-may-care Duke of Margrave, Edie knew he could change her life. And when he agreed to her outrageous proposal of a marriage of convenience, she was transformed from ruined American heiress to English duchess. Five years later, she's delighted with their arrangement, especially since her husband is living on another continent.

But deals are made to be broken . . .

By marrying an heiress, Stuart was able to pay his family's enormous debts, and Edie's terms that he leave England forever seemed a small price to pay. But when a brush with death impels him home, he decides it's time for a real marriage with his luscious American bride, and he proposes a bold new bargain: ten days to win her willing kiss. But is ten days enough to win her heart?

18480527

A duke who needs to be tamed . . . a lady who refuses to be rescued.

Adam Chamberlin was the third son of a duke, known for gambling binges and drunken nights. No one expected anything of him . . . until tragedy strikes. Now Adam is the new Duke of Rothford, determined to right the wrongs he's done. Except a secret in his past means helping the one woman who doesn't want his help at all . . .

It's not every day that a duke introduces himself to a woman sitting by herself in Hyde Park. Faith Cooper is even more surprised when Adam offers her a position as a lady's companion to his elderly aunt. Faith refuses to be beholden to a man again—certainly not this man, who both infuriates and attracts her. But with passion simmering between them, will Faith surrender to forbidden desire?


Let's make it three Dukes ... with Duke Kahanamoku, the Ambassador of Aloha.   Duke invites you to leave a comment about Dukes ... do you know any by name or title?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash - filled with Avon romances!  Comments are open through Saturday, May 3, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll publish the winner on Sunday May 4.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about these authors and their books, check out:

Carolyn Linden:  carolinelinden.com

Laura Leigh Guhrke: lauraleeguhrke.com

Gayle Callen:  gaylecallen.com

Doris Duke built Shangri La with a view of Diamond Head
(more pictures at this link to my travel blog).

22 comments:

  1. I know the Duke of Marlborough. He lives in Blenheim Palace (where Winston Churchill was born). Actually, I'm going there for a visit when I go home at the end of June. All of these books look fantastic, and I would love to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing a lot of pics of Prince George lately and I know his dad Prince William is also holds the title of Duke of Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Duke of Edinburgh is Queen Elizabeth's husband, Prince Phillip's title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the Royals too. The Duke of Edinburgh & the Duke of Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do Dukes from songs count? Because I know the song about the Duke of Earl lol But other than that, it's just the current royals like Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, the only ones I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Ada! My first thought was also the Duke of Earl! I love that song! I can't think of anyone else right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for spotlighting our books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love singing....The Duke of Earl!! LOL Just the Duke of Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, I don't know the names of any Dukes off hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome trio! Don't know any Duke's personally, although I recall a dog from my childhood called Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol... I'm so lame... the first thing that came to mind from this question was... Marmaduke!!! thanks for the fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I first thought of Duke of Earl - does anyone remember that song, it's an oldie but goodie lol. I do know that I love reading about them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm afraid that the only "Duke" I know (through movies) is John Wayne, who had the nickname of The Duke. And like previous commenters, I loved Gene Chandler's song, The Duke of Earl and the comic strip Marmaduke. :-) But I REALLY love the dukes that these three authors have written about...in previous and current books. I just love Regency romance...period! jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know some of the royal dukes: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. There are also dukedoms that have been around for centuries, such as the Duke of Argyll.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished reading Mary Balogh's Simply quartet - that had several Duke's in it. The first real Duke that came to mind was The Duke of Wellington - he's mentioned in a lot of wonderful Regency stories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREATS booksm I do not know, thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prince William is the Duke of Cambridge. And there's Patty Duke. LOL

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prince William is the only one I know... Unless u count fictional ones..... :). I know a lot of those.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Duke of Cambridge is also Prince William and the Duke of Kent is always sitting at Wimbledon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I knew some Dukes! Can't say I know any except for the ones we read about or part of the royal family, like the Duke of Cambridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't Prince William also a duke or is it his wife is a duchess?

    ReplyDelete