Saturday, April 19, 2014

Upcoming Conventions in Romanceland


Aloha!  Elf, the Reading Addict (link), recently asked me which conventions I would be attending ...

1.  On Saturday, April 26, I fly at 0-dark-hundred to Milwaukee for Barbara Vey's Reader Appreciation Luncheon (link):

Join us as we welcome 50+ authors to Wisconsin for an afternoon luncheon filled with fun, gift bags full of books and door prizes. We will also be raffling off wonderful donations and many baskets filled with books and other items. Not only will you enjoy lunch at an author table, but this event includes a book signing with NYT best seller Debbie Macomber and the 50 additional best selling, award winning and debut authors attending. Book signing open to the public from 3:30-4:30 pm.

I signed up for Eileen Dreyer's table ... because she laughs as much as Cathy Maxwell.    




2.  On Monday, May 12, I fly mid morning to New Orleans for the RT Booklovers' Convention (link).  I'll hobnob throughout the week and take the podium for the SOS Military Tribute on Sunday, May 18 (link),

Kathryn Falk, founder of SOS America Inc., invites all booklovers to join her for this annual salute to military families. Our celebration includes an Honor Guard, barbershop quartet, and special guest speaker Chief Michael Jaco, retired U.S. Navy SEAL. We will recognize military veterans from the United States and its allies, plus the extended family who serve back home. Goody bags will be presented to the military families.




3.  On Thursday, June 5, I fly to Cincinnati for Lori Foster's Reader Author Get Together (RAGT)(link).  I am psyched to see my friend D. Renee Bagby, who is flying all the way from Hawaii! 



4.  On Monday, July 21, I am flying to San Antonio for the RWA National Conference (link

The RWA Conference is the place where career-focused romance writers meet, mingle, and get down to the business of being an author. RWA2014 Conference highlights include the “Readers for Life” Literacy Autographing; the Keynote speech from Sylvia Day; hearing from Featured Speaker Karen Rose; book signings; a trade show; and the Awards Ceremony with emcee Simone Elkeles.


2014 Conference Logo

I am thankful that my family supports my convention habit ... and I appreciate my part time job that funds it.

Do you have any travel plans for the near future?

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City




9 comments:

  1. Wow lady!!! We get to go to 3 of the same conferences, plus you're coming to the BBQ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in New Orleans. No travel plans yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be one VERY busy person...and I imagine, are going to make your mail delivery person quite tired! Have a blast, I am both jealous and happy for you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heading up the coast next month to visit family. Always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy but fun time ahead for you. I hope to get to one some day. No, no plans for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome!
    I have no travel plans this year as we are trying to buy a home. I am really hoping that I can make a few conventions next year!
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only travel plans in my future is moving our store from its current small facility to a larger store about a mile away. Doesn't sound nearly as much fun as you are going to have!! Enjoy, Kim~

    ReplyDelete