Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Aloha to Christine D'Abo and QUICKSILVER SOUL


April brings us romance conventions!  Christine D'Abo joins me today to celebrate the release of QUICKSLIVER SOUL.   She shares her top five favorite moments from romance conventions ...

I’ve been lucky enough to attend a few writing conferences over the past few years. Every one of them presented different opportunities and more than a few memorable moments. Here is my list of top five moments from past conferences I’ve attended. I hope to add many more memories to this list with my attendance at RT in New Orleans this May!

5. Cards Against Humanity. The game was awesome. Giggles were had. Nothing better than romance authors with wild imaginations and several bottles of wine playing a game that prides itself on being naughty. This was at RWA in Atlanta and a great way to unwind after a long day of workshops.

4. Being Recognized. I have to admit, the first time someone came up to me at a conference and gushed about one of my books was a surreal experience for me. The first time was at RT in Chicago and I honestly didn’t know how to react. Working alone from home you tend to forget that there are actual people who buy your books (and hopefully enjoy them). It’s amazing to be recognized that way.

3. Attending the RITAS at RWA. My first conference was RWA in San Francisco. My first book had only been published a short time and I still felt as though I knew nothing. Going to the RITA banquet was like walking into the Oscars or the Emmys. Everyone was dressed so beautifully. There were presentations, stories, laughs and tears. It was almost overwhelming to watch the authors and editors accept their awards. It really set the tone for me and made me proud to be a romance writer.

2. Meeting Nora Roberts. I’m not normally one to get star struck, but meeting Nora was amazing. It was at the Harlequin party at the RWA in Atlanta. She’s such a generous lady and a real class act.

1. THE BAR!!! Ever conference I’ve ever attended. Good things always happen in the bar!



Nicola Tesla has never needed a man to complete her life. A gifted engineer, she has always had her experiments to keep her company-or she did, before her vile boss stole them. Now she's working at the Archives in New London, where the memories of the dead are stored. But it isn't long before Nicola discovers she's being watched . . . by a most intriguing, sinfully sexy man.

Archivist Emmet Dennison should be busy extracting memories from the dead. Instead he's been asked to keep an eye on the brazen, strikingly beautiful Nicola Tesla. Soon Emmet and Nicola are shaken by an attraction neither of them wants. Yet when a nefarious man takes them hostage, Nicola and Emmet will need to rely on their attraction, and the growing bond between them, to stop a madman hellbent on destroying New London forever.

Amazon
B&N
iTunes
Goodreads

Multipublished author Christine d'Abo loves exploring the human condition through a romantic lens. She takes her characters on fantastical journeys that change their hearts and expand their minds. A self-professed sci-fi junkie, Christine can often be found chatting about her favorite shows and movies. When she's not writing, she can be found chasing after her children, dogs or husband. Christine is published with Carina Press, Ellora's Cave, Samhain Publishing, Cleis Press and Berkley. Please visit her at her blog and come chat with her on Twitter @Christine_dAbo.


Mahalo, 

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I love Steampunk romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never read one as yet but sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete