Sunday, April 13, 2014

Seeking military connections for article to celebrate Armed Forces Appreciation Month



Aloha! Joyce Lamb from USA Today/HEA Book Blog has graciously agreed to publish an article about romance authors, bloggers, and readers with military connections in celebration of Armed Forces Appreciation Month in May.

Actually, I am going to break it down to four articles:

- May 7: Military Brats
- May 14: Military Spouses
- May 21: Military Veterans
- May 28: Friends of military families (including all relatives of military personnel)

If you are a miltiary brat, spouse, and/or veteran, I would appreciate a short blurb to detail your favorite and/or life changing experience from your interface with the military. You are welcome to submit a blurb for each category that applies (i.e., I am a veteran and spouse).

If you are "Friends of Military Families", i.e., have sent packages to deployed personnel, greeted deployed personnel at the airport, volunteered with military families, etc., I would appreciate a short blurb to detail how your support impacted your life.

I will publish all blurbs on my blog, SOS Aloha during the corresponding week. From the blurbs, I will select a sample to include in my articles for Joyce.

Please also include one social media contact - website, Facebook, and/or Twitter - for me to include with your blurb.

Deadline is one week before publication (see schedule above) to sos.aloha@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance for your support of military families.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City


3 comments:

  1. Nice of you to support

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might check in with Alyssa Day -- she is going to RT and her husband is in the Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea!! I will share this. :)

    ReplyDelete