Sunday, April 20, 2014

Coin Challenge at the RT Booklovers Convention


defense.gov

Here ye, Here ye!   I am implementing a coin challenge for RT/NOLA. This is tradition for military personnel to carry around his/her unit's coin. When challenged, those in the area pull out their coins ... and those without their coins buy a round of drinks.

We'll modify this for RT/NOLA.   If you have military connections, bring any coin that is available to you.  No military connections? Make your own coin!  Use a favorite state quarter, souvenir poker chip, foreign coin - anything that you can "pull out" of your badge holder.

When you see me at the convention in an Aloha Shirt, pull out your coin for a special treat.   
You can also coin check me at the SOS America promo table in Club RT (link).  Stop by to see how you can support deployed personnel.  We accept donations of unwanted books from the convention to distribute to military families. 

We'll have a coin check at the SOS America Military Tribute on Sunday morning (link)

Kathryn Falk, founder of SOS America Inc., invites all booklovers to join her for this annual salute to military families. Our celebration includes an Honor Guard, barbershop quartet, and special guest speaker Chief Michael Jaco, retired U.S. Navy SEAL. We will recognize military veterans from the United States and its allies, plus the extended family who serve back home. Goody bags will be presented to the military families.

Please share with any friends attending the convention ... and be prepared for the coin check!


Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

10 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to carry some Aussie coins with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I was coming. It sounds like it's going to be really a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I'll bring a Canadian coin and keep it in my pouch :) Looking forward to seeing everyone at RT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you share some pictures of this coin exchange! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited about this. I work as a Defense contractor and I love that we have this opportunity to show support while we are at the convention! I am bringing some coins the guys at work have given me since I collect them and I will bring extras for people who don't learn about it until too late. So excited!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. dogecoin millionaire erfahrungen

    ReplyDelete