Thursday, March 12, 2015

Aloha to Lily Baxter and THE SHOPKEEPER'S DAUGHTER

23866551

In World War II–torn England, a young woman must fight to keep her family together, whatever the cost.

Ginnie Travis has been working in her father's shop for the past five years, trying to keep it afloat. When scandal rocks her family just as relentless Nazi raids threaten their very lives, Ginnie and her sister are forced to flee and stay with their aunt in the North of England. The last thing she expects to find in the quiet countryside is love, especially with an American soldier. A soldier who has secrets of his own.

Tragedy strikes, the horror of war rages on, and Ginnie will do whatever she must to protect everything she holds dear.


Amazon link

I love a man in uniform.
This is George Small in Reims, France, in 1944.
George was married to Bertrice Small,
one of the original Avon ladies.

I am giving away Avon swag to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about WWII - do you know anyone impacted by it?  My British mother was relocated from Exeter to the countryside to avoid the bombs aimed for the city's famous cathedral as part of the Baedeker Blitz.  She then returned to a war torn city to help rebuild.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, March 14, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, March 15.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Lily Dalton (and her alter ego Dilly Court) at dillycourt.com.

Exeter Cathedral

10 comments:

  1. My husband's grandmother grew up in Poland but at the beginning of WWII her and her family moved to Austria and after the war they moved back to Poland where she met a man from Russia and married him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father in law fought in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had family in Asia and there was the threat of the Japanese military advancing into those areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 4 grandparents where all affected by WWII. My Grandmother on my mothers side told me how she was super close when a bomb hit the building she had to walk past to get home. Grandmother couldn't move for a very long time as she was consumed with fear, witnessing it all from a few meters distance... I can't imagine what it must have been like, she was only 18 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father served in the Pacific during WWII.

    My mother worked in records. Since all the records of citizens were hard copies, the girls carried a box of matches in their pockets to burn everything if need be. No point in giving the enemy a record of the population.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dad and his brothers served in WWII in England and France. My Dad was there for DDay, and went behind enemy lines to translate from German back to English.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad and my uncles all served in WW II. My father served in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My father was in War World II and it can't help but affect someone. I also had an uncle and my husband's parents and 2 uncles were also there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had several uncles who served in World War II.

    ReplyDelete