Sunday, March 8, 2015

Conference Season in Romance Land - Where to find me

  

My fellow RomVet, Taylor Reynolds, tweeted two weeks ago, "Its conference season ..." and so it is. Come find me .... 

March 21-22:  Liberty States Fiction Writers' Create Something Magical Conference (link) in Iselin, NJ.  The book fair is Saturday, March 21, at this link.  I'm sharing a room with Kimberly Rocha from Book Obsessed Chicks (link).  



April 17:  Washington Romance Writers (WRW) Pre Retreat Booksigning (link), in Westminster, MD, with Mary Kay Andrew, Christi Barth, Mary Burton, Lisa Dyson, Diane Gaston, Marcia Geraci, Erika Kelly, Kimberly Kincaid, Sarah MacLean, L.H. Nicole, and Mary Jo Putney.


I lunched with a WRW author last year after the retreat (link).

April 24-25: Barbara Vey's Reader Appreciation (link) in Milwaukee, WI.  Tess Gerritsen is the guest speaker and Cherry Adair hosts the Knock Your Socks Off party.  I'm sitting at the table hosted by Valerie Bowman.  I'm sharing a room with Victoria Pinder and Tessa McFionn.



Milwaukee Airport

May 12-17: RT Booklovers' Convention (link) in Dallas, TX. I'm also attending the Blogger and Reviewer Conference and Symposium hosted by Sarah Wendell/Smart Bitches and Jane Litte/Dear Author (link).  The Giant Book Fair is Saturday, May 16 (link), and open to the public.

Plus the 12th Annual SOS America Military Tribute is Thursday, May 14 - tickets are open to romance readers and military families in the Dallas area at this link.   

Sarah and Jane

July 22-25: RWA Annual Conference (link), in New York City, NY.   Readers are welcome to the "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing on Wednesday, July 22, at this link.  I'm sharing a room with Aussie author Kandy Shepherd.

The Naked Cowboy in Times Square

August 18: I'm taking my son to the University of South Florida (USF) for his freshman year (link). It will be a different kind of books ... 


USF Bulls 

Do you have any travel planned for the coming months?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, March 14, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, March 15.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

USF Science Department 

22 comments:

  1. I'm also attending Barbara Vey's Luncheon unless something comes up also we are traveling to Jacksonville, FL for Easter and in July we will be in Minnesota for my husband's army reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely got a full plate. I'm not going anywhere but have fun on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a full schedule ahead but a fun one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin is thinking about a destination wedding and it might happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy lady!! I'll see you at Barbara Vey's in Milwaukee and probably at BWI airport too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only plan is a cruise to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to catch up in Milwaukee! I'll be at the Heart of Dixie Lunch in Huntsville, June 13, RWA in July and Lorraine Heath's Buns and Roses Tea for Literacy in Dallas October 4th. No RT this year--my oldest graduates from college!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be going to the RT Convention in Dallas. I really look forward to it. After that, we will be going on vacation in the Southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope to go to Canada
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  10. In April I am going up the coast to visit my mother. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to travel and see my sister for her Birthday & also for celebrating Easter together :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, I don't have anything planned at the moment. However, it seems like you've got a very full, and exciting, few months ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In May I'll go to Virginia for a family Christening and we hope to get to the SC beach in August - lots of driving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very envious of your conference schedule. Hopefully next year I can tag along with you to one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lot of fun traveling on your agenda. We just returned from our two week trip to central Florida. Not sure where we are going next but I am sure we will think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, Fla very soon and Savannah and SC in the spring.
    patoct

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your going to RWA?! I have been debating over going...I just can't seem to pull the trigger but I think it would be a great venue to meet people.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am envious of you! ;)
    Have a great time with all of those book lovers/writers!
    Good luck to your son in his freshman year of college!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've got no travel plans at the moment but it sounds like you will be busy traveling to all the fun conferences!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your travel schedule looks like a lot of fun! Nothing as exciting for me, probably going to be a "stay-cation" in the near future.

    ReplyDelete