Thursday, May 5, 2011

Aloha to Christine Nolfi, Treasure Me, and Second Chance Grill


Yesterday, my older son's Boy Scout Troop visited the Philippine's Consulate as part of their "World Citizenship" merit badge.  Today's guest, Christine Nolfi, would have enjoyed the visit, too.  From her bio,

Christine owned a small public relations firm in Cleveland, Ohio. Her articles and press releases have appeared regionally in The Plain Dealer, The Akron Beacon Journal, Cleveland Magazine and other media outlets. Her short story, Night Hour, appeared in Working Mother magazine. Christine closed the firm fifteen years ago after she traveled to the Philippines and adopted a sibling group of four children. She has been writing novels fulltime since 2004. “Treasure Me” is the first book of the Liberty, Ohio series. “Second Chance Grill” will be released Summer, 2011.

Christine asked if I would review TREASURE ME:

Petty thief Birdie Kaminsky has arrived in Liberty, Ohio to steal a treasure hidden since the Civil War. She’s in possession of a charming clue passed down in her family for generations: Liberty safeguards the cherished heart.

Yet I am a very slow reader so I recruited Debra for the job - she posted her review on her blog, Ladies of Leisure Love Books:If you want just a really good book, some laughs and just to see someone finding themselves, this book is it.

Christine will publisher her next book about Liberty, SECOND CHANCE GRILL, in June.   I love these titles and look forward to reading Christine Nolfi


In honor of Christine's success on Amazon, I am giving away a copy of TREASURE ME to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Christine, working mothers, and small towns.

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 78, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I will announce the winner on Sunday, May 8 - Mother's Day in the US.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii


My inlaws live in Ohio, so I was curious where Liberty was located.  I found at least three "Liberty"s:
- Liberty Township in Trumbell County
- Liberty Township in Butler County
- West Liberty, home of the Ohio Caverns

I suppose one cannot have too much Liberty! 

13 comments:

  1. Living in a big city all my life I always wanted to live in a small town were everyone knows my name! Were your neighbors are there for you and you for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,

    I couldn't agree more! I've lived in both large cities and small towns and while I adore both, it's often easier to form lasting bonds in a small town. Liberty, Ohio in Treasure Me is fictional but, through the relationships of the women at The Second Chance Grill, I hope I portrayed the best of small town life in America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell everybody that I had such a nice Sunday reading this book ! Once I started it I could not put it down. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed the book. If you enjoy a book in a small town don't miss out on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always lived in the suburbs but always thought a small town or a large city would be very interesting places to live too.

    Maybe it's the time difference but I believe Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8th :) Happy Mother's Day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mothers Day (in advance) ladies! Here's hoping you all have an enjoyable day with friends and family this Sunday.

    Debra, again, a thousand, heartfelt thanks for taking the time to read and review Treasure Me. The response I'm receiving on Amazon is wonderful. Thank you for all your help.

    And Kim: thank you for so graciously featuring me on today's blog. I'm now hooked on SOSaloha and check in every day to see what's up in sunny Hawaii. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim and Christine thank you for a very lovely post I am still pondering if I like small towns or large cities best!

    Happy Mothers day to you both and each and every mom out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an author new to me. Your books sound heartwarming. In fact, your titles strike me as having personal connections. No doubt you treasure your children and writing is giving you a second career!

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Desere: Large city or small town, what matters is making connections that are lifelong and heartfelt. Sure, Treasure Me is set in a small town, but at a deeper level the novel revolves around the connections made by women in all age groups. Theodora is especially dear to me because she's in her 80s and literature rarely celebrates the elderly. She's feisty. And fun!

    Anonymous: My four adopted children are the icing on the cake, the central sweet of a good life--I suspect that much of the "heart" in my writing comes from taking that step 15 years ago to adopt a sibling group from the Philippines. They are absolutely treasures, all four.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love small towns because everyone knows everyone. The people are great amd they are nosey but they are always their for you.


    lorettac
    lbcanton@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loretta, I live in a small town on the far east-side of Cleveland, Ohio and I couldn't agree more. I've been a single mom for many year now, and those nosey neighbors are always there for me and my kids!

    Catslady: The suburbs are great, too. Especially when the neighbors have a teenaged daughter who's willing to babysit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I could live anyplace but a small town!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds to me like you live in a nice town, Estella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Name is, Paula James from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete