Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Elaine Cantrell and A NEW DREAM


Tonight, our late news kicked off its broadcast with a recap of the Hawaii Five O season finale.  It was an action packed episode with twists and turns that I did not expect, including the final shot (literally and figuratively) of versatile actress Jean Smart.    I remember Jean Smart from Designing Women ... a true Southern girl.

Oh, the 80's look on Designing Women!


Or as today's guest would say, a true grit.  Please join me in welcoming Elaine Cantrell!  From her bio,

What are GRITS? A hot breakfast cereal made from corn? Yes, but grits are also girls raised in the south. I wish I could take credit for the phrase, but I can’t. I read it on the back of a tee shirt.

But I was raised in the south. I say ya’ll, and I do eat grits for breakfast. (Try cheese grits or shrimp grits.)


Indeed, Elaine has true grit as she continues to teach history.  Perhaps her classroom experience inspired her stories as she watched students reach for their dreams.  Her new release is titled, A NEW DREAM:

After an auto accident destroys his pro-football career, Matt McCallum struggles to find a new dream for his life, but nothing engages him the way football did. After a stint in rehab, he takes a job managing a grocery store where he meets Violet Emerson.

Violet works in the bakery department, but her dreams carry her far beyond the doors of Chef’s Pantry. As soon as she can save the money, she plans to open a catering business. And she thinks the new manager’s broad shoulders and blue eyes are simply divine.

Thrown together at work, Matt and Violet find a common dream for their lives, but a loose end from Matt’s past returns to jeopardize their future. Will love be enough to save their new dream before it turns into a nightmare?

Check out Elaine's other books that also spotlight the theme that love can conquer obstacles ... just like a true grit!


Grandfather's Legacy
Purple Heart
Return Engagement


Elaine is giving away a copy of a A NEW DREAM to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about grtis, obstacles, and dreams. 

2.  This giveaway is open to US residents only.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 21, 2011, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, May 22.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii

From My Cousin Vinny,

Mr. Tipton, "No self respectin' Southerner uses instant grits. I take pride in my grits."


8 comments:

  1. Elaine is an author new to new - her grit sounds wonderful!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grits sound delicious how exactly is it made ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never eaten grits. Not sure I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grits sound healthy and delicious for breakfast! I've never tried it before, but now I'm curious to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, if you want your grits to be super smooth and creamy, substitute a little cream for part of the water. Put in lots of butter and salt. Don't let them be too thick. Of course some people like them thick, but I don't.

    Grits are made from corn, Desere.

    IF you don't want to try them plain, look up a recipe for shrimp and grits. It's to die for!

    Pat, you can read lots of excerpts and free stories at my website at http://www.elainecantrell.com

    Thanks to everyone for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't eat grits often. I haven't seen either True Grit movie. I have read Elaine yet. But A New Dream is intriguing. So does Purpe Heart!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never eaten grits, I'm an oatmeal type of girl. The book sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Name is, Paula James from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete