Thursday, May 12, 2011

Aloha to Colleen Gleason and The Regency Vampires


We are playing Six Degrees of Separation with Colleen Gleason and The Regency Vampires  ....

Today is International Nurses' Day - we started the celebration on Tuesday (so you could get your card in the mail).   Nurses just rock ... and the only other creatures that can handle blood like nurses are .... Vampires!  


Perhaps the most famous teenage vampire on the silver screen is Robert Pattinson ... who portrayed Salvador Dali in the 2009 movie Little Ashes.


In high school, my humanities class visited the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, where we literally bumped into Red Rider, a Canadian band who sang Lunatic Fringe


Lunatic Fringe was featured on the Vision Quest Soundtrack, along with other 80s greats:

"Only the Young" - Journey,
"Change" - John Waite
"Hungry for Heaven" - Dio
"I'll Fall in Love Again" - Sammy Hagar
"Crazy for You" - Madonna
"Hot Blooded" - Foreigner


All these songs are appropriate anthems for vampires, especially Hot Blooded ....

... and what can be more Hot Blooded than Regency Vampires!  

Enter Colleen Gleason, author of The Regency Vampires series::

In 2011 readers will meet a whole new world of vampires who mingle with the haute ton in 19th century London. Called the Draculia, these vampires are strong and sexy, and a match for any mortal...except for the women who love them.







During the RT Booklovers' Convention, Colleen Gleason  surprised readers with a bed time treat - a copy of THE VAMPIRE DIMITRI resting on our pillows with chocolate kisses!

I am giving THE VAMPIRE DIMITRI to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about high school field trips, Salvador Dali, 80s music, and Regency Vampires.

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 14, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll announce the winner on Sunday, May 15.

Plus I'll add the second copy to the RT stash, making it available to the winner of Tuesday's blog celebrating International Nurses' Day (hint, hint, go back and leave a comment to increase your chances of winning this book).

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii

Gilligan's Island was filmed in Hawaii.

Colleen wrote in her bio,

I can't remember a time when I wasnt' writing some kind of story - from the 6th grade version of Gilligan's Island that starred my classmates and me to the passed around the classroom story of my friends in high school meeting our favorite rock band ....

Funny that I met my favorite band on a high school trip to the Salvador Dali Museum.

Salvador Dali is an Aries Moon Man ... and so is Kevin Bacon!

It always comes back to Kevin Bacon!

20 comments:

  1. *Giggle* I love the whole concept of Six Degrees. I actually feature it on Sundays on my blog.

    Anywho, I am loving vampires these days. Thank you Colleen and Kim for this wonderful start to my day. I've had these books on my wishlist for a while. *fingers crossed*

    P.S. I met Robert Pattinson once, before you was a vampire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! Super fun! I love that song Lunatic Fringe. I have it on my I-pod! :D We never had cool field trips at school ours was to the local post office and tiny local county muesuem. BORING! I love regency vampire stories. Two of my favorite things combined, you just can't beat that! One of my favs is The Vampire who loved Me by Teresa Medeiros. Very hot! Colleens books look just as hot! Thanks for sharing with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great topics lol. My daughter got me interested in Twilight and now all things vampire :) Journey and Foreigner are two great groups! (I don't have a clue how to connect all these like you did lol). I remember my two daughter's field trips that I was able to accompany them, a lot more than my own. Washington D.C., Hershey, Harrisburg, coal mine, for some, and all their girl scout outings. Two favorite Kevin Bacon movies are Tremors and Fire in the Sky. And my uncle has a wonderful collection of Dali prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha, Kati, Johanna, and Catslady - thanks for joining our fun!

    Kati, tell us more about your Sunday blog! Where can we read your Six Degrees of Seperation?

    Johanna, I played the Vision Quest CD last night as I wrote this blog; Lunatic Fringe just rocks!

    Catslady, Google is a great tool to connect. Colleen's bio about her writing project in high school inspired me to look for connections. I didn't expect to end up with Kevin Bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My high school did not do any fun field trips so I have nothing to share there. However, I still love listening to 80's music, especially those by "hair-bands". Love Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Metallica, and so many more. I also love vampires and historicals so the combination of them is just heavenly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, the post is back up. I couldn't post yesterday. I love 80s music, too, especially Depeche Mode and New Order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Same as Jane, something wonky was happening with most of the blogs where you couldn't post, and then when I came back earlier I couldn't find the post.

    Nothing wrong with 80's music, gotta enjoy it now and then. I probably got some on my ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge fan of 80's music. Some of my most favorite songs are from the 80's. The sound is just so different from music today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 80's music, espcially those classified as hairbands: Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Ratt, etc. Still listen to it.
    I love both vampire books and Regency historicals so a combo of the two is just great in my opinion.
    Thank you for the giveaway and interview.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted yesterday but it seems like my post dissapeared. Crazy! I just wanted to say these books look awesome. I'm a big fan of regency paranormal. My favorite is The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros. I have had Colleens books on my list for awhile now! BTW I love the song Lunatic Fringe. Its on my Ipod! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad the posts are back to normal again. I still love 80's music especially those Hair bands...gotta love em. I grew up in that time period so I remember being in high school listening to those 80's Hair Bands.

    I love Vampires! What's not to love about vampires. I would love this book, absolutely love it.

    miztik_rose@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad Blogger is up again!

    My kids listened to 80's music----it's not my cup of tea!
    I do love a good Vampire, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished reading The Vampire Voss and am so looking forward to "sinking my teeth" (sorry--couldn't resist) into the Dimitri and Narcise books. I loved Colleen's original Regency vampire novels--the Gardella Chronicles. It's still one of my favorite UF series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love listening to 80s music!! Some of my favorite bands/songs of all time come from that era. The clothes/hairstyles can stay in that decade but the music can live forever :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do so like Kevin Bacon. He is wonderful. I would love to read a story about Regency vampires. I love the regency time period and a vampire story would be delicious.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah, my favorite vampire so far is Robert Pattinson and Bones in The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene frost..

    Thank you for bring up this vampire thing Kim !! i love vampires..and i admit haven't read Colleen Gleason's The Regency Vampires series. looking forward to know another vamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Regency Vampires? My favorite paranormal creature and time setting-- yes, please! I've been eyeing this series for ahwile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. 80s music can still be cool.

    Regency Vampires. I love vamps but havent had the chance to try out Regency ones yet. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Crazy For You" is still the only Madonna song I like.

    Loved "The Vampire Dmitri"! However, Chas Woodmore isn't going to have his HEA? :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. My Name is, Paula James from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete