Saturday, May 7, 2011

Aloha to Terri Wolffe and DESPERATE DESIRES


In late 2010, I was challenged by the question: “What is it that you’ve always wanted to do, but never allowed yourself to do because of fear?”

This could have been me ... but it actually the first line from Terri Wolffe's bio:

The resounding answer for me was: “I’ve always wanted to write an historical romance novel!”

Pouncing on that flash of inspiration, I set out to try my hand at writing my very first historical, erotic romance. Admittedly, I had to ignore the little people in my head who cried out rather loudly, “What will people think? What will people say? What if you fail and fall flat on your face?”

Three months later, Desperate Desires was born. However, I’ll be the first to admit that the only reason I was able to complete it, was because the storyline had been in the back of my head for close to 20 years."

alaskasweetandspicy.com

Terri refers to DESPERATE DESIRES as a "sweet and spicy" novella.  In fact, you have a choice of excerpts - sweet or spicy.  The book blurb is both: 

The cunningly audacious Lady Lucinda Davenport is by no means a conventional woman. Smart and fiercely determined, she’s more comfortable adding numbers than she’ll ever be socializing with highfalutin members of the ton. When desperate straits force her into action to save her home and lands, she finds herself faced with only one option. Summoning every ounce of her courage, she sets in motion a wild and raunchy scheme that would set the ton on fire if they ever caught wind of her actions.

Lucien Brandford, fourth Duke of Carlsborough, is a dangerous man. Wealthy beyond imagination and handsome to a fault, the Duke is sought after by nearly every woman of the ton. Single, widowed, or married, ladies vie for his attention with cutthroat precision. But the Duke has no tolerance for the machinations of his title and fortune-hungry peers. He seeks his pleasure from women who require no commitment ....

lifeispichey.com

And what do the reviewers say?  Mary Gramlich, who introduced me to Terri, posted on her blog,

This book is about discovering who you are deep down inside where you keep your thoughts private and your desires to yourself. When Lucien and Lucinda get together they realize that there are not enough nights to quench their need for one another. Their story while not conventional is extremely enjoyable.

Pride and Prejudice - A Sweet Romance

So let's giveaway a e-copy of DESPERATE DESIRES!  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about what type of romance you like to read - sweet?  spicy? or a little of both?

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 14, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll announce the winner on Sunday, May 15.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii

Casanova - A Spicy Romance

Back to Terri's original question, “What is it that you’ve always wanted to do, but never allowed yourself to do because of fear?”   I wanted to blog, but I feared the "negative Nellys" from the bigger romance blogs crashing my party.  Yet Mary and other friends supported me ... and viola, here I am with a great group of readers!



15 comments:

  1. Nice post Kim, I loved your opening lines ! When reading I like sweet and spicy , a little bit of both makes it that more exciting. Thanks for a week filled with really amazing interviews I look forward to next weeks have a excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a wicked combination of both, really. Not too spicy as to seem vulgar, yet not to sweet as to appear all kittens and bunnies. Real people. Real situations. Even in historical. Especially in historical.

    Great post, Kim! I am LOVING that book cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post! I enjoy both types of romance. It can be both in one book as well. It all depends on my mood and what I want to read. Historical romances were my first love and will probably always be my favorites.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spicy books but I will read "sweet" books every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to prefer a little spicy to sweet (though sweet is nice at times too, particularly when well told) but the spicy needs to have more going for it than just a bunch of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both, it just depends on my mood. I do prefer my books bit on the more spicy side but like I said, it really depends on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definately like a combo of sweet and spicy in my romance. I have been wanting to read this book so please enter me in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a combination of sweet and spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, I love both all mixed up together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like romances that are both sweet and spicy - I think that they reflect a more realistic look at love between the sexes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a great post, Kim. I'll read sweet or spicy romances. I like both, or a book that is both at the same time. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd say sweet. There's just something amazing about a man who can be sweet and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the post. I also prefer both and probably a little more spice because my first love in reading has been Scottish Highlanders and you definitely need Spice when reading about those brawny kilted Alphas. :)
    Carol L
    Lucky4750@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm more into the sweet romance. No need to enter me into the drawing. I already have the e-book and it was more like an erotica to me. Way too much intimacy for my tastes. I prefer it when the books leave a little to the imagination. I know there are several readers out there that prefer the hot and spicy, and it seems like there is more and more of that out there. I just feel uncomfortable reading those parts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover! It's by Jon Paul and a great cover for a debut novel!

    I like both sweet and spicy in my reading material. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoy reading all types of romances, whether sweet, spicy or a combination of both - it basically depends on what I feel like reading at the time. I'm kind of a moody reader in that sense, lol.

    ReplyDelete