Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Aloha to Susan Elizabeth Phillips and HEROES ARE MY WEAKNESS

19367048

This title is the anthem for romance readers - heroes are our weakness.   Susan Elizabeth Phillips adds a dash of Gothic mystery to her trademark wit for her new release from William Morrow:

The dead of winter.

An isolated island off the coast of Maine.

A man.

A woman.

A sinister house looming over the sea ...

He's a reclusive writer whose macabre imagination creates chilling horror novels. She's a down-on-her-luck actress reduced to staging kids' puppet shows. He knows a dozen ways to kill with his bare hands. She knows a dozen ways to kill with laughs.

But she's not laughing now. When she was a teenager, he terrified her. Now they're trapped together on a snowy island off the coast of Maine. Is he the villain she remembers or has he changed? Her head says no. Her heart says yes.

It's going to be a long, hot winter.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips, second from right, chat with
Avon editors at RWA/San Antonio

I am giving away a print copy of HEROES ARE MY WEAKNESS to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Maine - what do you know about the Pine Tree State?  I know I love Maine lobster.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 30, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 31.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

The heroine was probably as cold as the Scouts in winter camp ...

27 comments:

  1. Besides the lobster thing, it gets very cold there in the winter.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love SEP's books!

    Maine - went there on vacation once when I was a kid - had my first lobster & lobster rolls - yum!

    My many generations back family lived in Maine - I';d love to get there someday to see where they lived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobster, fishing, forests, cranberries and wild blueberries. I think. LOL

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lobster, ocean, good fishing, and forests. It also gets very cold in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know a lot. Mostly from movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to Maine but I have heard that it is bitterly cold in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Besides lobsters, I actually don't know much about Maine! Other than it's got a cute shape on the map LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did a lot of thinking and came up with nothing. I don't know anything about Maine, except that if you add coons. You get those huge cats. But if those cats are from Maine... Don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bother in law is from Maine. He brings us these amazing bright red hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only know about lobster and fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was born in Maine! I live in PA now but most of my family is still up there so I visit on occasion :) It's a great place to go relax and enjoy some cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I think of Maine, I think of lobster and the fishermen with the rain slickers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hubby and I enjoyed a brief visit to Maine years ago. The lobster was wonderful. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My parents took us to Maine when we were young. I remember loving the rocky coasts, mountains, seeing the ocean for the first time and the nice people. I was pretty young and not familar with seafood, so the fresh off the boat lobster was eaten by my parents gladly and I got a hamberger...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never been to Maine but want to go, I love to try their Maine lobster and see all the lighthouses I love them.
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Maine Lobster too. I've never been to New England, but it's on my "bucket list".

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a teenager, I worked summers as a Roll Girl (providing buns, rolls and breads for breakfast, lunch and dinners) at the Black Point Inn in Prout's Neck, Maine. It was a terrific experience, a way to earn extra money for college and to get away from home in California and have a holiday of sorts. I loved the weather and living in a dormitory with other gals with similar interests from all around the country. I don't even know if the place still exists, but it was a lovely time in my life. I rec'd my first kiss from an assistant chef while I was there one summer! Sigh. Thanks for asking such an interesting question. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Maine Seafood period. :) The soups are terrific too! Although quite pricey...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never been but I agree about the lobster. I've heard it can get pretty cold and the leaves are gorgeous in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been to Maine but I want to visit and try their seafood. I hear the lobsters are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We drove through Maine and New Hampshire one summer on holidays. The thing I remember most is the beauty of the highway as it wound through a canopy of what I took to be Maple trees. So huge they almost linked branches above the car, simply gorgeous, :)
    Jacquie Biggar

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know that Maine has the beautiful Portland Head Lighthouse. And lots of other lighthouses too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know much other than they are known for their lobster.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Maine coast - especially getting a lobster roll at any of the lobster shacks along the way. Acadia is my favorite national park.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmm. I don't know much beyond lobsters and the cold. We went to a beach there one summer. The beach was rocks and the water was freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't know much about Maine, but I've heard it is beautiful. I love stories set in winter they are so cozy.

    ReplyDelete