Friday, August 15, 2014

Celebrate Little Victories - Kimberly Rocha, Book Obsessed Chicks, and My Book Crave


Celebrate Little Victories is a special feature I host on Saturdays to appreciate the joy in my life.   Today I celebrate Kimberly Rocha - she has endless enthusiasm for romance books!   I met Kimberly at Lora Leigh's RAW (link).  Actually, we didn't meet but we bumped into each other at the dance party.   Here she is line dancing at the Western Roundup:



We actually met at the NJRW Conference one month later - we sat at the same table for lunch.  It was then I realized we both attended RAW.   While Kimberly was taking pictures of fabulous authors, I was ogling the delicious dessert:


I joined Kimberly for dinner along with several readers and authors, including Cathy Maxwell and Elizabeth Hoyt. Kimberly's enthusiasm was infectious ... we laughed through dinner.


I briefly chatted with her at the start of the RT Booklovers' Convention in New Orleans ... the crowds swallowed us up!


We finally hooked up at the RWA National Conference, finding each other in the same lines for publishers signings. We also chatted in the lobby in between workshops.  I enjoyed watching Kimberly work the crowd - she had many a fan girl moments.  Then again, Kimberly is a positive force in Romanceland.   She is the founder of Book Obsessed Chicks (link) with a review blog and book club (that has expanded to several cities).   Kimberly is also working with MyBookCrave (link). Her hard work has paid off with a new column at Romance At Random to share her love of Western Romances (link).   Congrats, Kimberly!   

I thank Kimberly for being a joy in my life!   Do you have any friends who share your passion for romance?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

A country truck to honor Kimberly ....


23 comments:

  1. Only a couple of friends like romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lord!!! Kim, I am so honored that you would do this. Thank you so much!! What a great surprise after such a ho hum week!! I <3 YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister shares my passion for romance. I recommend books to her all the time because I have more time to discover great books. Of course, she just retired, so she'll be recommending them to me now, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have friends (both in person friends and online friends) who like romances. My mom does too. I can remember many years ago she and I would always read Danielle Steel books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any local friends who are into reading romance, but I have a group of online friends who I met many years ago and we still talk and share books.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have family & friends who enjoy romance reads. We have fun discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister and I share a love of romance books. We tend to gravitate to the same authors and genres so we get to share books too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do have one friend who reads romance but not as passionate as me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met Kim she always has a smile on her face! I have many friends who love romance books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am friends with Kim on FB & we both live on LI - she does have great enthusiasm for everything! I have a friend at work that I share books with, but I am a little more fanatical than she is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, no one around me shares my love of romances. I have good fam support for what I write, but most ppl I know read every other genre but romance. Makes for a lonely world sometimes.

    Great post. Loved meeting Kim in NOLA as well. It was too short of a moment tho. Always so much going on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sadly, I don't. My mom, my sister, oldest daughter and best friend are all readers but only my sister will read some romances, mostly mysteries and contemporaries which I will read but my number one choice is historicals followed by suspense and paranormals,

    ReplyDelete
  13. My ex-sister-in-law & I share all our books, and we're starting to share with her daughter (tho she's more into contemporary stories).

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mom is the person who got me started on romance books. She brought me over a huge box of about 100 books she had read. Most were romance books some horror and so I started reading them and got hooked on romance books after that. We used to share all of our books back and forth. Unfortunately she passed away 4 years ago and no one else in my family likes the same books I read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, none of my friends appreciate romance books; they don't know what they are missing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my friends do! I brought her over to the reading-for-pleasure side! Haha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think it was a friend who got me hooked on romance books, it was my 4th grade teacher for I had a reading problem and so she picked this book about a young teen who falls in love, and then my mom's friend Gloria would give me all kinds of romance books to read and I haven't stopped reading! I'd love to hang-out with Kim,yah I met her on FB and she has so much fun meeting all her favorite authors! she's sent me all kinds of books what a great lady she is! One of these days I'll meet her! carolefiore1954@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just met a girl at work that also loves books and reading. I have been sharing some of my books with her. Also my boss loves to read and we have been doing a lot of book sharing and I have been introducing her to authors and books that I love.
    christinebails at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was so nice that you highlighted Kim. Enjoyed reading this. Miss you and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That cake looks to die for. I make a cake like that with bittersweet chocolate.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes I have friends and online friends (lots who also love romance bks)
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pics, thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete