Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Aloha to Elizabeth Hoyt and DUKE OF MIDNIGHT

13064395

Elizabeth Hoyt joins me for a cozy chat about DUKE OF MIDNIGHT, Book 6 in her Maiden Lane Series:

WHEN A MASKED MAN . . .
Twenty years ago Maximus Batten witnessed the brutal murders of his parents. Now the autocratic Duke of Wakefield, he spends his days ruling Parliament. But by night, disguised as the Ghost of St. Giles, he prowls the grim alleys of St. Giles, ever on the hunt for the murderer. One night he finds a fiery woman who meets him toe-to-toe—and won’t back down…

MEETS HIS MATCH . . .
Artemis Greaves toils as a lady’s companion, but hiding beneath the plain brown serge of her dress is the heart of a huntress. When the Ghost of St. Giles rescues her from footpads she recognizes a kindred spirit—and is intrigued. She’s even more intrigued when she realizes who exactly the notorious Ghost is by day…

DESIRE IGNITES A DANGEROUS PASSION
Artemis makes a bold move: she demands that Maximus use his influence to free her imprisoned brother—or she will expose him as the Ghost. But blackmailing a powerful duke isn’t without risks. Now that she has the tiger by the tail, can she withstand his ire—or the temptation of his embrace?

Elizabeth (left) with Vicky Dreiling and Cathy Maxwell
at RWA/LA 2012.

Kim:  I missed RT/KC and RWA/Atlanta ... thus I missed seeing your smiling face! What is your favorite part of these conventions?

Elizabeth:  I missed seeing you, too, Kim! My favorite part is seeing old friends, some of whom I only see at conventions, and meeting new readers.

Kim:  Your new release, DUKE OF MIDNIGHT, mirrors Batman. Who is your favorite actor to play Batman, TV or movies? Who is your favorite villain from the comics, TV series, or movies?

Elizabeth:  I think Christian Bale because he's just so intense--he really throws himself into the role, whispery voice and all. I always liked the Riddler from the old TV show. He seemed very smart--maybe smarter than Batman. ;-)

Kim:  The cover is gorgeous ... if you were to pose as one of your characters, what would be the color and style of the dress? And what jewelry would you wear?

Elizabeth:  LOL! I don't know that I would look at good in these dresses as the professional models. I'd like a sapphire blue dress and I quite like the necklace on the cover of DUKE OF MIDNIGHT--though it wouldn't go with blue. ;-)

Elizabeth (right) with Cindy Colby, Cathy, and Elizabeth Boyle
at RT/LA 2011.

Mahalo, Elizabeth, for being my guest today!  In honor of the DUKE OF MIDNIGHT, I am giving away a "jeweled" cell phone bling - winner's choice of green (like the cover's dress) or red (like her debut's cover, The Raven Prince, one of my favorite books).   To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about your favorite actor to play Batman and/or secondary character, including villains.  I still chuckle at Adam West playing TV's Batman ... and Eartha Kitt as Catwoman.

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 12, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 13.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Elizabeth and her books, including an excerpt for DUKE OF MIDNIGHT and extras for the Maiden Lane series, check out her website at elizabethhoyt.com.

764934085979499211141

41145922212907444


20 comments:

  1. OMG Kim, I love Elizabeth's books, and have been looking forward to "Duke of Midnight".

    I would love to see either Henry Cavill or Richard Armitage play Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a cell phone so don't enter me into the contest...just wanted to wave, (and I recognize that picture of that dangerous trio, lol). Thanks for sharing the spotlight and the interview. I loved Eartha Kitt as catwoman but I think Halle Berry did a nice job as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian Bale hands down. :) Love him!

    And I love Hoyt's series... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Keanu Reeves would make a great batman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christian Bale is my favorite Batman. I also like Anne Hathaway's Catwoman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christian Bale as Batman

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Maiden series and all the rest of Elizabeth's books.
    Back when I was a child when Batman first came out there was a older man that played batman I don't remember his name? he was always my favorite but I also liked the Joker!
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heath Ledger as The Joker gave me chills. Just brilliant.

    I'm a fan of Adam West as Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really a fan of superheroes, however Michael Keaton would be my choice for favorite batman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam West still amuses me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Batman to me will always be Adam West...I grew up watching him play Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched Adam West when I was a kid so he remains my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Michael Keaton as Batman. I think he was the best and my favorite. I have to admit Christian Bale was hot and had that gravely voice down perfectly.
    christinebails at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adam West was Batman when I was younger and he was just so cheesy you have to love him. But I agree with Mary Preston, Heath Ledger was just brilliant as the joker.
    And I love, love Elizabeth's books.. Thanks for the chance.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Christian Bale as Batman. Loved all 3 of the Dark Knight movies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kim!

    Is everyone else as excited as I am that Duke of Midnight will be out in just 5 days?
    Who wouldn't be excited that another great book in the Maiden Love Series will be out soon?

    When it comes to Batman my husband always kids me that my favorite character is Alfred Pennyworth and I loved when Alan Napier portrayed him the best! I keep telling my husband I save him as my favorite "hero"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Christian Bale, too. Heath Ledger was my favorite Joker, because he was truly scary.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never like Batman, movie or character, but Heath Ledger as The Joker was a favorite for me. I think I only watch the movie for Heath Ledger. He did act out his part like he was 'The Joker' himself

    ReplyDelete