Thursday, October 31, 2013

Aloha to Pamela Sherwood and A SONG AT TWILIGHT


On this day in 1611, William Shakespeare's romantic comedy THE TEMPEST debuts at Whitehall Palace. From Wikipedia (link),

The Tempest has more music than any other Shakespeare play, and has proved more popular as a subject for composers than most of Shakespeare's plays. 


File:Miranda - The Tempest JWW.jpg
Merida - The Tempest
John William Waterhouse
Public Domain (link)

Music is the centerpiece in Pamela Sherwood's A SONG AT TWILIGHT:

A Woman with a Future

Aspiring singer Sophie Tresilian had the world at her feet—fame, fortune, and true love—until the man of her dreams broke her heart. Four years later, Sophie is the toast of Europe, desired and pursued by countless men. And then Robin Pendarvis walks back into her life . . .

A Man with a Past

Four years ago, Robin hoped to make Sophie his bride, but secrets from his past forced him to let her go. Seeing her again revives all the old pain—and all the old passion. Unable to deny the love that still burns between them, they risk everything to be together once more. But will the things that tore them apart in the past endanger their future as well?

Pamela Sherwood grew up in a family of teachers and taught college-level literature and writing courses for several years before turning to writing full time. She holds a doctorate in English literature, specializing in the Romantic and Victorian periods, eras that continue to fascinate her and provide her with countless opportunities for virtual time travel. She lives in Southern California and is currently at work on her second novel.

Pearl Harbor at Twilight

Pamela is offering a print copy of A SONG AT TWILIGHT to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about music - do you have a favorite style, singer, and/or song?   

I still listen to Hawaiian music!

2.  This giveaway is open to US residents only.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, November 9, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 10.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Pamela and her books, check out her social media:

Website: pamelasherwood.com
Blog: pamelasherwood.com/post
Facebook: facebook.com/PamelaSherwoodAuthor
Twitter: twitter.com/pamela_sherwood
Goodreads: link


34 comments:

  1. I love listening to Country music and oldies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen C., I enjoy the oldies too. Maybe that's why I'm a historical rather than a contemporary writer! :-)

      Delete
  2. I like several types: 80's music, rock, country, soundtracks from movies, some of the newer pop stuff. I like to switch it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I'm a child/teen of the '80s, so I enjoy a lot of music from that era. But overall, my tastes are pretty eclectic as well.

      Delete
  3. I love Maroon 5, Train, Usher, overall I love most kinds of music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody May, I can usually find something to appeal to me in most kinds of music too.

      Delete
  4. The Oldies are my favorite. But I also love a large variety of music. I can't pick just one I did love a song by Exhile in the late 70's called "I Want To Kiss You All Over".
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol L., I think I missed that song, but great title!

      Delete
  5. I like all kinds of music, it really depends on my mood what I will be listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the music from the 60's and 70's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, music from the '60s got a lot of airplay in our house--and the appeal of it is evergreen.

      Delete
  7. I love listening to soft rock. I also love the music from the 60's too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like a variety from pop rock to country to opera etc. Maybe not real heavy metal or rapping lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. catslady, I can tolerate heavy metal in small doses, but I can't imagine a steady diet of it!

      Delete
  9. I like pretty much anything. But... I only tend to listen to whatever's on the radio while I'm driving. Never at home... dunno why :) Congrats to Pamela on the newest release! Sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. erin, music during drive time is like a companion on the road! Thanks for the congrats!

      Delete
  10. The Prayer as sung by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, not familiar with that piece, but Bocelli does have a remarkable voice.

      Delete
  11. Hello Pamela! So glad I happened on this blog today...and was introduced to your stories with a Shakespeare backdrop...a must-try for me! Historical romances are my preferred reading habit in any event. I prefer Easy Listening or Light Jazz music, but my favorite song is "Stuck on You" by Lionel Richie. It's sort of my hubby's and my song together. :-) jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I love Shakespeare's plays, but my stories actually have a late Victorian setting, which I hope won't deter you from trying them! Nice that you and your husband have a favorite song--very romantic!

      Delete
  12. I like a lot of different styles of music, including alternative rock, reggae and Celtic music. There's just something about music that includes bagpipes that gets my heart soaring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I fell in love with traditional Celtic music a while back, when I was in grad school. Bagpipes are nothing if not stirring--my favorite bands include The Tannahill Weavers and Silly Wizard.

      Delete
  13. I like to listen to just about everything depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, I'm sort of the same way. I have my favorite genres, but my musical selection alters according to what I'm in the mood for.

      Delete
  14. I mostly listen to music in the car and I like pop music or oldies the best.

    Marcy Shuler
    bmndshuler(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcy, I find music is good company when you're driving.

      Delete
  15. I am still a rock and roll girl at heart. My kids try to keep me relevant by fixing my radio to a certain station or downloading new music onto my iPod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annwitch, nice that your kids take such an interest in your musical education! :-)

      Delete
  16. Train, Maroon5, Nickelback, Pink. Can't stand country or rap! Love rock and roll. Thanks for the chance.

    mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite type of music is musicals. I also love traditional Scottish and Irish music.

    ReplyDelete