Monday, October 21, 2013

Aloha to Grace Burrowes and LADY JENNY'S CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT

Lady Jenny's Christmas Portrait

We received our last shipment from storage - the precious treasures that my in laws kept during our Hawaiian assignment. It was like Christmas, unwrapping a cache that I hadn't seen for four years, including a charcoal painting my mother had drawn of Cathedral Close in Exeter.  She once dreamed of being an artist, but did not have the opportunity to pursue that dream. My mother could be heroine in Grace Burrowes' latest release, LADY JENNY'S CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT:

What Lady Jenny wants for Christmas...

For Christmas, soft-spoken Lady Jenny Windham craves the freedom to pursue her artistic ambitions, though it will mean scandalizing her ducal parents and abandoning all hope of a family of her own. She confides her plans to successful artist Elijah Harrison when he's commissioned to paint a portrait of her small nephews, because assisting Elijah will bring Jenny that much closer to her heart's desire—won't it?

...Will break both their hearts.

Elijah Harrison finds in his unlikely assistant not only an inspiring muse and unappreciated talent, but also a lovely and passionate woman. If Elijah supports Jenny's career, his own professional interests will suffer, but more significantly, he will lose Jenny forever. Both Jenny and Elijah must choose between true love and a lifelong dream.

File:Exeter Cathedral NW view W Deeble after R Browne 1830.jpg
A north west view of Exeter Cathedral in England in 1830.
Engraving by W Deeble based on a drawing by R Browne.
Public Domain (link)

I posted my four star review of LADY JENNY'S CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT on Amazon (link) and Goodreads (link). I am giving away a print copy of LADY JENNY'S CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about the arts - do you have any special talent? I have none ... that's why I enjoy wandering through art museums!

2. This giveaway is open to all readers.

3. Comments are open through Saturday, October 26, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 27.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore

To learn more about Grace and her books, check out her website at graceburrowes.com.

Lady Sophie's Christmas WishLady Maggie's Secret ScandalLady Louisa's Christmas Knight

28 comments:

  1. Not really art talents, but musical talents yes. Ok mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one of my favorite authors. I've read half of this series so far. Being an artist is what I wanted to do but I was told I had to get a real job. My youngest daughter is very talented and I supported her. She got a degree in fine arts and graphic design. At the moment she works two jobs but one is in her field and she is on her way in pursuing her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I have no talents in the arts. Or musical talents, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to the Arts I have no talent, but I do have a small degree of talent when it comes to my craft work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely a creative person. Love to write poems and bake various delights. I enjoy sewing things and quilting, making Christmas cards... Never painted because I was not that good with a brush. Do really enjoy creating things from scratch & make pictures of stuff I've placed together, items I made & food I cooked. I like to believe there's a "struggling" artist in me that sometimes comes out. If I would call myself artistic or talented is not for me to say. But it must be wonderful to capture a persons soul on canvas! To see them come alive... Jenny's story sounds really good and I would love to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no art talents, but I do some crafts. Love the connections you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No special talent for me....heck sometimes I can't even draw a straight line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ii don't have any special talents either, apart from my love of reading!! Well, that's a talent too, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zippo artistic talent .. but I do enjoy seeing/experiencing the arts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good I can't wait to read it. I love the Historical romances.
    I love art I have 1 small painting my Mom did years ago it's a lake with pine trees and mountains in the back ground. She could really paint. She would have been 100 years in April 5th, I sure miss her. My older sister could paint too she did barns and trees, I could have been good at it but I did filet crochet instead. My oldest daughter (19) she took art in school and can draw and paint very good.
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  11. No talent but having fun playing with various media with a group of friends. Jewelry making today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't enter me in the contest...I just wanted to add my recommendation for Grace's books. I just finished enjoying Lady Jenny's book this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't really have any special talent, but I know how to crochet so I've been able to be a bit creative that way. I also took quilting classes for a time and I loved that creative outlet, but haven't done any sewing for a while. It was more fun when I shared the hobby with my sister, which is harder now that we don't live near each other.

    ReplyDelete
  14. None but my daughters are very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have NO artistic talents, but I've always wanted to be able to draw!! Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have any artistic talents, unfortunately. I really wish that I did! I do love doing some things that are somewhat artistic in a crafty way like crocheting and I love to doodle but I am not good at it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually play the flute. I'm not a professional and it is just a hobby, but I really enjoy playing. I started a few years ago when I was in 5th grade, ok more like 35 years ago, lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy art museums a lot myself and I never thought about it but maybe my lack of talent is the reason for the fascination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have any artistic tallent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use to paint and sketch, but haven't done so in years. Maybe once my life slows down a bit I can resume it....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can sing a little bit; other than that, I have very little talent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sadly no talents in music and the arts. My whole family are all talented i drawing and painting. Just skipped passed me. :)
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can play and organ or piano, but don't have any talent in the arts. I do enjoy latchhooking though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a dabler - I can play a little piano, draw a bit (tho I'm better at copies than creating an original). Have done some nice crafts & needlework.

    ReplyDelete