Hi SOS Aloha Readers!
I was so excited when my publicist suggested I write a TOP FIVE list of my favorite biker characters. (Great idea, Julie!) *rubs hands together* Especially since my Hard to Handle hero, Aiden Downey is a doppelganger for one specific TV biker whom I LURVE.
So rev up those Harleys, kids, because here we go!
TOP 5 Favorite TV/Movie “Biker” Characters:
5) Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. THE scene, YOU GUYS, where Mr. Terminator himself flips a sawed-off shotgun in one hand and shoots at the bad guy while riding a 1990 Harley “Fat Boy”. I LOVE it still!
4) Zooey Deschanel in Yes Man – Okay, okay, not a motorcycle…it’s a scooter. But the girl’s still on two wheels! Her character gives Jim Carrey a ride on the powder blue Honda Mojito and a quirky (yet adorable) loves story follows.
3) Christian Bale in The Dark Knight – what could be cooler than Batman transforming his CAR into the Batcycle?! Nothing, I tell you. NOTHING.
2) Stephen King in Sons of Anarchy – do you remember his cameo from the show? He rolled in on a bright red Harley-Davidson Road-Glide and disposed of a little (ahem) “problem” Tig and Gemma needed help with.
AND LAST...but oh, so not least, the man who inspired my Aiden—at least in the looks department:
1) Charlie Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy! Jax Teller himself, with his soulful eyes and sexy-as-sin body. And his face—he haz all the feels and somehow makes me care about him even when he is doing horrible, terrible things. Man, I love that show. If you’re an SOA fan, be sure to mention in the comments!
Note: Aiden Downey doesn’t have Jax’s skewed morals to contend with (phew!), but he does make a mistake (or three) in Can’t Let Go and spends most of Hard to Handle trying to get Sadie to forgive him.
He also shares Jax’s style of bike: a modified Harley Davidson Dyna-Glide (Super Glide Sport), though Jax’s bike is black and Aiden’s what I call “sparking orange”.
Sadie Howard never dates a guy more than once-but Fate has other plans for her when it comes to Aiden Downey, the one that got away. Aiden loved her, left her, and broke her heart. Yet suddenly she’s bumping into him at every turn, driven to distraction by his wicked grin and rock-hard body. Now she can’t resist finishing what they started-as long as she doesn’t let herself fall in love . . .
TWICE AS TEMPTING
Aiden Downey threw away the best thing he ever had when he let Sadie go, and now he’s determined to win back the woman he’s always wanted. Sadie agrees to let him into her life-and her bed-as long as there are no strings attached. But Aiden’s not about to make the same mistake again. Can he convince her to take a second chance on a once-in-a-lifetime love?
Barnes and Noble
|Notice the motorcycle gear outside the Osan Gate in Korea.
Mahalo, Jessica, for a ride down motorcycle history! I am giving away an ecopy of the the novella that introduced us to Sadie and Aiden, CAN'T LET GO:
Sadie Howard would never admit there's such a thing as love at first sight, but she can't deny the connection between her and sexy Adonis Aiden Downey. She also can't deny she loves to kiss him-his mouth might be his most precious asset. Despite every promise to herself not to get involved any deeper than a first date, she can't keep from seeing more of Aiden . . . in more ways than one.
Aiden Downey had no idea the hot blonde from the club would trigger his protective, gentle nature, but the moment she drops her guard and he sees the real Sadie Howard, he's a goner. When a family crisis puts the brakes on their budding romance, can Aiden find a way to hold on to her? Or will he lose the best thing in his life just as quickly as he found her?
To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about characters on motorcycles - do you have a favorite from books, film, and/or TV?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, October 5, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 6.
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City
To learn more about Jessica and her books, check out her website at jessicalemmon.com.
|McDonald's mini-motorcycles outside the Osan Gate in Korea.