Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Aloha to Michele Gorman and CHRISTMAS CAROL

18482685

On this day in 1857, the Sheffield Football Club was founded, marking it as the oldest association football club still in operation.   Skate from Michele Gorman's holiday novella CHRISTMAS CAROL might appreciate this significance of this date.   

One winter wedding, two happy couples, three ex-boyfriends. And a very uncomfortable weekend.

Carol hates Christmas. Being recently dumped, she’s not crazy about weddings either. So her sister Marley’s nuptials, over the Christmas weekend, are making her positively Scrooge-like. When she arrives at the stately home in rural Scotland to find her three ex-boyfriends in attendance, Carol has no choice but to face her ghosts to discover what really happened in those relationships, learning a lot about herself in the process. As the snow falls outside and the fire crackles in the hearth, might one of the wedding guests become the harbinger of Christmases to come?


This wickedly funny re-imagining of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol will warm the cockles of even the coldest heart.


Reality may be zanier than fiction as Michele herself is getting married this weekend - congratulations!   I posted my five star review on Goodreads (link).   I am giving away an ecopy of CHRISTMAS CAROL to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about your favorite Christmas story, song, etc.

I'm partial to THE GRINCH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS.

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 26, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 27.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Michele and her books, check out her website at michelegorman.co.uk.

76373161355643415840809



17 comments:

  1. White Christmas is my favorite song and movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. movie - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    book and movie - The Grinch
    book - The Littlest Angel
    song - The Gift sung by Garth Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a massive xmas nut and it's hard to pick favorites. Love that film The Christmas Choir, because it is so important to include everyone. I also adore The Christmas Card. A sweet lovestory about a soldier that recieves a Christmas Card on duty & goes looking for it's sender. Books are usually great if they feature Christmas, or I just enjoy the parts about decorating, celebrating & learning the meaning of the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is not Christmas without "Home Alone" and Chevy Chase's "National Lampoon's Vacation" AND "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". These are three of my favorites. I really LOVE the Christmas movies and have many favorites that I start watching on Thanksgiving and continue through New Year's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love A Christmas Story and Home Alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Michele on her upcoming marriage! One of my favorites is A Christmas Story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is It's A Wonderful Life for the movie, Silent Night for the song and A Night Before Christmas for books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's A Wonderful Life and The Christmas Story are my favorite movies, book would be A Christma Carol and song... O Holy Night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlygirlhoosier - please contact me at sos.aloha@yahoo.com. You are a winner from last week!

      Delete
  9. Twas the Night Before Christmas is my favorite story. Silent Night is my favorite carol. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is an absolute favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosamunde Pilcher's Winter Solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Christmas carol... the book and the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Favorite Christmas movie has always been Rudolph The Red Nosed reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorites are It's A Wonderful Life and Christmas on 34th Street. I love Silent Night and Jingle Bells. I don't have a favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a Wonderful Life - watch it every year.

    ReplyDelete