Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Aloha to Roxanne St. Claire and BAREFOOT BY THE SEA


This cover reminds me of Hawaii.  Perhaps that thought, and Roxanne's heartwarming romance, will sustain me through the dropping temperature in Maryland.   Speaking of Roxanne, let's play Six Degrees of Separation in honor of her new release, BAREFOOT BY THE SEA:

1.  Roxanne's bio is charming, "That year, for my twelfth birthday, my parents gave me a typewriter (with italic font – it was the coolest thing) and from that day on, I’ve had my fingers on a keyboard, pounding out love stories for fun."

2.  I learned to type at Ponce de Leon Junior High School in Miami, Florida.

3.  Again from Roxanne's bio, "I stayed in PR, moved to Miami, had a few babies, lost my home in a hurricane, built another one a few hours north and all along, I kept writing my 'stories' 
for fun."

Tropical Getaway

4.  A hurricane kicks off the action in Roxanne's debut novel, TROPICAL GETAWAY.

5.  I enjoyed an extended "tropical getaway" during our four years in Hawaii.   


6.  Roxanne is celebrating the release of Book Four in her Barefoot Bay series, BAREFOOT BY THE SEA:

When you think you know your heart's desire . . .

Tessa Galloway is a gifted nurturer-her verdant garden at Barefoot Bay's new resort is living proof. If only the woman who can grow anything could grow what she wants most: a baby. Her friends think the right guy will come along, but Tessa doesn't want to wait. All she needs is the perfect donor to make her dream come true. Then John Brown is hired at the resort. If anyone could make beautiful babies, it's this gorgeous, mysterious man. So why does Tessa suddenly find herself wanting so much more?

Can you give up all your dreams for love?

It's been three long years since John Brown had to leave his old life. Forced into the witness protection program, he's desperate to be reunited with his toddler twins. When he gets that chance, there's a catch-he must prove he's got a steady job and a new wife. Landing a gig as a chef in Barefoot Bay is easy enough. And falling for lovely Tessa is even easier. The hard part? Can he win the heart of a woman who prizes honesty-when the truth may shatter it?



In honor of BAREFOOT BY THE SEA, I am giving away a sea themed holiday ornament.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Do you type or henpeck?   

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, November 2, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 3.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Roxanne and her books, check out her website at roxannestclaire.com.


26 comments:

  1. Oh, I type. I think I got my first manual typewrite while in grade school. Then in high school we had electric and selectric typewriters. I worked in the secretarial field for over 15 years. It's something I always enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I type. I learned how way back in junior high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I type. Could always do well with typing, but couldn't handle shorthand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in high school I hen peck. It wasn't until I really was on the computer a lot that I learned how to typed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I peck away, but I'm quite accurate & fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I type and pretty fast if I concentrate, a little slower when I am working on my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a bit of both. I am not a great typist so I have to help myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I type....I've been a typist since I learn how to type in high school...most of my jobs were in data entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I type... not as fast nowadays... but I type thanks to high school classes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always type! I love the sound of this book I can't wait to read it.
    Thanks for the review
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a touch typist. I was a Legal Secretary for many years in England. I knew from the age of 9 that I wanted to be a Secretary, so put my heart and soul into it, during the Secretarial course in school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I type since my mother insisted I take typing as an elective in high school since she insisted it would be a skill I would always use. This was back when we all had electric typewriters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Type. After a snippy teacher commented on my fledgling efforts (using 'l" instead of the "1" my typewriter did not have), my parents arranged for lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I type.

    I love Rocki's Barefoot series. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Barefoot by the Sea and encourage the rest of you to read it, too. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I type, not real fast - but I type!! Thanks for the awesome giveaway. I love Rocki's books.

    mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hen peck....gotten pretty good at it...lol...and Barefoot by the Se is another amazing story by Roxanne. You can always count on an awesome read!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I type with my fingers on the home keys and everything. Years of typing and computer classes really paays off. Why hubby and my belated grandmother always made me type things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I type but i'm not the very best at it. Couldn't win any awards anyway lol Love Roxanne's Barefoot Bay series!!

    Lisa B

    ReplyDelete
  19. I type, but not very fast. Love her Barefoot Bay books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only took half a semester of typing in HS so I henpeck, but I can do that pretty fast and mostly accurate. LOL

    Marcy Shuler
    bmndshuler(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a typer. I used to be really fast but have slowed down over the years.

    Love this series! Great characters, great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I type! I type so much the letters are warn off of the keys on my laptop. Good thing I know my way around a keyboard. It is mostly the home row that is warn, but they all show some type of wear.

    This is one of my favorite contemporary series and I hope anyone who has not read a book by Roxanne will run right out and buy one. The Barefoot series is a fun, emotional and enjoyable series that will make you laugh and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a typer. Had to be a quick one in my job as a dispatcher when lives were on the line.
    Rocki is one of my favorite authors of all-time. I loved her Bullet Catchers and Guardian Angelinos series' and followed her to Barefoot Bay. This, too, is a wonderful, emotional series. Must read!

    ReplyDelete