Friday, October 4, 2013

Aloha to Mia Marlowe and PLAID TIDINGS

Plaid Tidings

This weekend, I am meeting a friend at the Maryland Renaissance Festival (link) to see Cu Dubh:

Cu Dubh consists of musicians who have dedicated their lives to the study and performance of ancient music. David Macejka (2012 Grammy nominee), Mike McNutt and Elijah Woolcott have brought together their personal influences to create dark, orginal compositions played on the Great Highland Bagpipes and a barrage of drums from around the world. With influences from Scotland, Gaul, Galicia, Norway, Brittney, Ireland, Wales, German, India, Aradia, Africa and beyond, they call back to the ancient tribes in all of us.

It is music for the warrior in all of us. The long boat is here. The wolves are loose. The Ould Ways are back! 



Sigh.  Scotland.  


Mia Marlowe is feeding my appetite for Alba with her new Scottish Regency, PLAID TIDINGS:

Not any dashing English lord’s idea of a good time. But now that Lord Alexander Mallory has won a Scottish estate in a hand of cards, he is the unlikely laird of the wild, snowy Bonniebroch. Worse yet, the ancient pile of stones comes with a betrothal. To a fiery red-headed virgin. And a curse.

Alex will have his hands full honoring the first, seducing the second and breaking the third … all by Twelfth Night.


Read an excerpt at this link.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Mia, check out her website at miamarlowe.com.

Click to pre-order!


14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time - sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun...but I have to admit the entire time I was reading this all I could see was the cover....OMG what a cover! I love a man chest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hoe you have a wonderful time. Looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mia's books. :) Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Mia's books, and love to read anything that she writes. "Plaid To The Bone" sounds like an exciting read. I love Highlanders, and adore men in kilts.

    Have a lovely time with Mia, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant to say "Plaid Tidings". I'm getting my plaids mixed up.

      Delete
  7. I've been hearing wonderful things about this book and it's one of my favorite types of reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds like a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim! So you're off to a Renaissance Fest. What fun! Don't think it'll top the days we spend together on Oahu, though! ;-)

    Thanks so much for giving my Plaid Tidings a boost! I appreciate you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun time is to be had. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy it!
    I have this one on my TBR list. ;)
    I have read a few of her books and loved them!

    ReplyDelete