Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Aloha to Christie Craig and TEXAS HOLD 'EM



17923943

My kids often play Texas Hold 'Em with my husband.   Meanwhile, I'd rather indulge in Christie Craig's TEXAS HOLD 'EM, Book 3 in her Hotter in Texas series:

The last thing veterinarian Leah Reece needs is a man in her life. They're nothing but trouble-and not even the fun kind. But when her apartment is broken into and Leah suspects Rafael, her dangerous half-brother, of foul play, she can't deny she could use a little help. She just never expected that help would come with twinkling blue eyes and a sexy smile...

All PI Austin Brook wants is to nail Rafael DeLuna, the man who framed him for murder. He'll do anything for information-even lie about his identity to charm Leah, DeLuna's half-sister. But her sweet dimples and fiery spirit soon make her more than just his only lead. Leah becomes his every desire. As Austin closes in on DeLuna, it's clear he won't go down without a fight. Now the only way Austin can protect Leah is to reveal all of his secrets and risk losing her for good.


Christie Craig, a New York Times Bestseller, is an Alabama native, a multi-published writer, motivational speaker, and writing teacher. Her romance fiction is widely acclaimed for combining witty humor and heart-felt emotions with a suspenseful, sexy tone. She currently hangs her hat in Texas and writes for Grand Central/Forever. Her backlist titles are available wherever e-books are sold. Check out her website and blog at christie-craig.com and christie-craig.com/blog.

In addition, Craig writes romance-flavored non-fiction with Faye Hughes, including The Everything Guide To Writing A Romance Novel and Wild, Wicked and Wanton: 101 Ways to Love Like You Are in a Romance Novel, a humorous self-help relationship book. You can learn more about Christie's books with Faye at WritewithUs.net.

Craig also writes the New York Times and USA Today best-selling young adult paranormal romance series, Shadow Falls, published by St. Martin's Press/Griffin under her pen name C.C. Hunter. You can learn more about C.C.'s books at her website, CCHunterBooks.com.


I am giving away a print copy of TEXAS HOLD 'EM to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway, 

1.  Leave a comment about card games - do you have a favorite? I prefer rummy to poker.

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, February 1, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, February 2.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

10426786



32 comments:

  1. I love card games. At the moment our card club has been playing a game called Sock and Shoe (another version is Hand and Foot). It's similar to Canasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you are part of a card club! Sometimes we just have to turn off the TV and play cards with each other!

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid the family played Michigan Rummy (for pennies) together & that included some poker. In high school my girlfriends and & played Whist (I don't remember how to play anymore).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious about Michigan rummy - make makes it different than regular rummy? Whist, of course, is the card game in Regency Romances! So you would be prepared for a date with Mr. Darcy!

      Delete
    2. here's a link to a description (I'd have to study up to play again - it's been a long time) - Mom made the "board" by drawing on a piece of white oil cloth - we had a jar of pennies we doled out & used; at one point you see who has the best poker had - Dad kept a list of what hand beats others

      http://www.michigan-rummy-rules.com/index.php

      Delete
  3. 500 is the game we most play in our family. Great for all ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also curious about 500 ... how do you play it?

      Delete
  4. I'm not good at card games unless it's something like Go Fish lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like poker or anything but I love playing Solitaire or Crazy Eights Countdown if I'm playing with friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazie Eights ... another fun game I should play with my kids!

      Delete
  6. We used to spend hours playing 'Hearts' when I was a child!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love playing Hearts. It has been a bit but we used to play all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once a month I still play pinochle with my friends from high school!!!! A very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband knows how to pay pinochle ... perhaps I'll ask him to teach it to me!

      Delete
  9. Not really... Just Crazy 8s and that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for having me! Hope everyone enjoys the books!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Christie on the newest release!!! Sounds awesome :) Ummm... my family and friends play a card game called Phase 10. It gets pretty cutthroat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love playing gin rummy and crazy 8, but I haven't played them in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't really play many card games. Sometimes we play Crazy 8's. We should learn to play more, because I do enjoy it while we are playing them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, card games! During my childhood that's just about all we played...with other children and adults during holiday festivities. Canasta, Pitch, Rummy (several kinds)...even Cribbage and Bridge. I still play Rummy today on my cell phone while waiting for doctor appts, etc. I'm hoping it will keep my brain from rusting as I age. :-) jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. We used to play a lot of Rook and Spades, not so much anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only card game I play is Solitaire, so I guess that's my favorite. I've never been much of a game player, I'd rather read a book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love rummy! My paternal grandmother taught it to her grandkids and whenever we were all at her house we'd have a huge, multi-deck game. LOL

    Now, I'm more likely to play online solitaire.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  18. My daughter & I play Rummy 500. It usually takes just the right amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favvourite card game is called golf.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like poker but I am not very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't played a card game in years! I remember enjoying rummy and pinochle.

    ReplyDelete