Thursday, January 2, 2014

Aloha to Vanessa Kelly and SECRETS FOR SEDUCING A ROYAL BODYGUARD

17802740

The holiday news features the young royals visiting well wishers .... who keeps them safe?   From the Official Website of the British Monarchy (link), 

Her Majesty's Body Guard of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen at Arms provides a bodyguard to The Queen at many ceremonial occasions ... the Gentlemen at Arms also attend The Queen's garden parties, where their task is to form the lanes through which the members of the Royal Family walk.

The uniform is that of a Heavy Dragoon Guards officer of the 1840s. It has a skirted red coat with Garter blue velvet cuffs and facings embroidered with the Tudor royal badge of the Portcullis. Helmets with white swan feather plumes are worn when on duty, even in church.

The Honourable Corps of Gentlemen at Arms was instituted by King Henry VIII in 1509 and celebrated its 500th anniversary on 2009. 



www.army.mod.uk

Vanessa Kelly transports readers back to Regency England with a more daring royal bodyguard in SECRETS FOR SEDUCING A ROYAL BODYGUARD:

In this witty, sensual new series, Vanessa Kelly introduces the Renegade Royals, illegitimate sons of the Royal Princes who are finding their rightful places in society. . .

Accomplished spy Aden St. George prefers to stay away from the frivolous ton, especially after the way his mother was used by the Prince Regent. But his latest mission compels him to guard unconventional, vibrant Lady Vivien Shaw. Rescuing her from kidnappers was easy. Resisting her beauty is not. Duty demands he keep an eye on her--and naturally, his lips soon follow. For someone who views entanglements as a weakness, this is pure, delicious folly. . .

Though grateful for Aden's help, Vivien has secrets she must keep hidden. Yet with her abductors still at large, she needs Aden's protection almost as much as she craves his touch. 


File:The Marriage of George, Duke of York to Princess Mary of Teck.JPG


I am currently reading SECRETS FOR SEDUCING A ROYAL BODYGUARD ... and it lives up to its sexy, regal title!    I am giving away a print copy of SECRETS FOR SEDUCING A ROYAL BODYGUARD to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about the Royals, past or present, do you have a favorite from any country?  I'm a bit partial to Princess Diana.

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 4, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 5.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



30 comments:

  1. I actually feel a bit sorry for the Royals these days. There is no way they can ever do anything like a normal person without the press hounding them. At least before cameras and the internet, they could have some privacy.... not much, but some. :-) I don't really have a favorite royal from any time period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could anyone not like Princess Diana! I like Kate too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my all time favorite royal is Princess Diana, and her son Prince William is my current favorite, although his wife Kate is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, what a cool post! Thank you so much for featuring my book, and I'm thrilled you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post. I grew up fantasizing about being a princess and adored Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Kate, William & little George. I like the Queen too. She looks so much like my Aunt Evelyn that I feel kind of close to her. ;)
    But probably my favorite is Harry. I've always had a thing for bad boys.

    Pen M
    pmettert@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Diana was sweet, though maybe her shyness was a little annoying. I couldn't/can't stand Camilla, and lost any respect for Charles when he chose her. I love William, though, and I think Kate is beautiful. If they behave themselves, William and Kate might revive the Royals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always found Queen Victoria to be so fascinating. Beginning with her fight to the throne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always felt kind of sorry for Diana... if Charles had been honest with her from the start, you wonder what would be different now. But she did affect 2 wonderful sons lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did like Diana and Princess Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Princess Diana with Duchess Kate a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'Shy Di' was my favorite, with her gone.....Prince William and his wife Duchess Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Princess Diana of course... Also like both of her sons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always loved Princess Di, and I was devastated when she died. I adore William, Kate and Harry, and love what they bring to the Monarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting and enjoyable post. Royals aren't something I'm interested in however I do catch myself with my ears tuning in when there's talk of Kate and William. Cleopatra was an interesting historical figure as well as the Biblical Queen Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Princess Diana was a favorite. Prince William and Prince Henry rate pretty high because they honor the memory of their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm becoming a big Will and Kate fan. They are classy and seem down to earth and have beautiful, genuine smiles :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really don't have a favorite, though they do intrigue me. I enjoy watching TV shows based on them as well as reading books that have royal characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always loved Princess Diana and I have a soft spot for her sons. I also share a birth date with Prince Charles, though he's not a favorite of mine.

    I'm looking forward to reading this series. I've already read the novella that starts it out.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always loved Princess Diana. But I do like hearing the news about Will, Kate, and Harry too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have to say Diana - I also like Prince William and Kate. thanks for the awesome giveaway.

    mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really admired and respected Princess Diana. She was a class act and passed away way too soon. Prince William's wife, Kate, is also special.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I grew up in the era of Lady Diana, I thought she was an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am enjoying seeing William and Kate these days.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I grew up with fairy tales about princesses however never really followed royalty. I do watch when they talk about Kate and William but don't really follow them.

    ReplyDelete