Sunday, May 10, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Sabrina Jeffries

23492609

Sabrina Jeffries is hosting the  "U-Tapao" table for the SOS America Military Tribute at the Booklovers Convention.   Tickets are still available at this link.   Sabrina's table is named for the Thai Air Base where her missionary family interacted with American serviceman deployed to support Operation Cobra Gold.  From Sabrina's bio,


Raised amidst the rubber plantations in Thailand by missionary parents, Sabrina Jeffries has earned numerous placements on the New York Times and USA Today lists with Regency historicals that readers savor for her trademark sexy blend of witty dialogue and enterprising characters. It’s no accident she has been dubbed “The Queen of the Sexy Regency Romance.”

About that plantation business—living in the boonies of Thailand afforded Sabrina endless hours to read Jane Austen novels and other classics voraciously. Not surprisingly, back in the States, she went on to earn a doctorate in English literature from Tulane University—and a craving for Cajun food.

While Sabrina treks through remote locales in the name of research and rubs elbows in the big cities with other industry professionals, she says her favorite destination is home. She lives in Cary, North Carolina, with her two best guys—husband, Rene, and adult son, Nick, who has inspired her to actively champion the cause of autistic children.

B52 on approach to U-Tapao in October 1972
Public Domain (link)

Sabrina is looking forward to her new series, Sinful Suitors, and Book 1, THE ART OF SINNING, available July 21, from Pocket Books:

American artist Jeremy Keane refuses to return home and take over his father’s business. He’d much rather sample bevvies of beauties abroad, in search of a model for the provocative masterpiece he’s driven to paint. When he meets Lady Yvette Barlow at a London wedding, he realizes she’s perfect for his work—and determines to capture the young heiress’s defiant spirit and breathtaking sensuality on canvas.

No stranger to scandal, Yvette agrees to be Keane’s subject—in exchange for his help gaining entry to the city’s brothels he knows intimately, so she can track a missing woman and solve a family mystery. But when their practical partnership leads to lessons in the art of sinning, can they find a bold and lasting love?


Mahalo, Sabrina, for supporting military personnel in Thailand back then .. and saluting military families now!   May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1.  I'm not surprised Sabrina enjoys Cajun food, considering she grew up in Thailand - both cuisines are spicy.  Do you like spicy food?  I
 enjoy Shrimp Étouffée and Pad Thai.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Sabrina and her books at sabrinajeffries.com.

161301071814404622448986

33 comments:

  1. I can only handle mild spicy foods. I need to build up a tolerance for the really hot stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes loved it's
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I never eat spicy food, my stomach doesn't like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like spicy food very much. Even when I have a curry I need it to be very mild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like spicy food very much. Even when I have a curry I need it to be very mild.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy spicy food on occasion but spicy food does not like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I love spicy food especially General Tsos chicken although later on I regret eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Indian food, but only if it's mildly prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love spicy foods especially Cajun and TexMex. I'll be honest some of the spicy Asian dishes are too hot for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, have to watch how spicy my food is. But I still love it and I love Pad Thai. I'm going to have to try that shrimp dish you mentioned, though, Kim. I do love shrimp. I like my BBQ spicy too. Hmmm. Thanks for your Military May posts, Kim. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spicy food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Asian so a big yes to spicy food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't eat very spicy food. My four year old niece will eat spicier food than I will.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like a little spicy, but not too much. I love General Chicken and love some kind of spicy wings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love spicy food. I make a pretty good jambalaya.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like them - as long as they don't make me sweat or my nose run - but they don't always like me, so I approach spicy foods carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love spicy food ;) my fav is this a dish that a local restaurant makes, twice cooked pork... pork with tons of habenero peppers and cabbage. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I meant chinese red peppers. Not habenero :)

      Delete
  18. I do not like spicy food, despite growing up in California with lots of opportunities to eat spicy Mexican food. My mother was from New England, and her cooking was pretty bland, that's what I grew up with and my palate just doesn't handle spicy very well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. My stomach cannot no longer handle it.\
    patoct

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a big fan of spicy foods any more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't care for spicy food.
    Gmapeony

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like it a little spicy, but I don't like very spicy food.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love spicy food.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Cajun food, which is sometimes--but not always--spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I grew up with food that was never spicy (my dad had ulcers) but my husband taught me to love anything spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't eat very much spicy food.

    ReplyDelete
  27. No spicy food for me.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete