Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Angel Payne

25210293

Breaking News!  I am now posting pictures from the RT Booklovers' Convention on my travel blog, Aloha On My Mind, at this link

Angel Payne is amazing.  She has boundless energy to chat with readers and appreciate the military.  Angel hosted the Joint Base Lewis McChord table in honor of  her WILD Boys of Special Forces series.  From her bio,

Bestselling romance author Angel Payne has been reading and writing her entire life, though her love for romances began in junior high, when writing with friends on “swap stories” they’d trade between classes. Needless to say, those stories involved lots of angst, groping, drama, and French kissing.

She began getting a paycheck for her writing in her twenties, writing record reviews for a Beverly Hills-based dance music magazine. Some years, various entertainment industry gigs, and a number of years in the hospitality industry later, Angel returned to the thing she loves the most: creating character-based romantic fiction. Along the way, she also graduated with two degrees from Chapman University in Southern California, taking departmental honors for English, before writing five historical romances for Kensington and Bantam/Doubleday/Dell.

Angel found a true home in writing contemporary-based romances that feature high heat and high concepts, focusing on memorable alpha men and the women who tame them. She has numerous book series to her credit, including the Kinky Truth series, the Secrets of Stone series (with Victoria Blue), and the popular W.I.L.D. Boys of Special Forces series, as well as several stand-alone titles. The Cimarron series and the Once Upon a Sin series both launch in 2015.

Angel still lives in Southern California, where she is married to her soul mate and lives on a street that looks like Brigadoon, with their awesome daughter and Lady Claire, the dog with impeccable manners. When not writing, she enjoys reading, pop culture, alt rock, cute shoes, and hanging at the beach with family and friends.


Angel Payne

Angel is ready to celebrate the release of A WILDER KIND OF LOVE, Book 7 in her WILD Boys of Special Forces, available June 16, 2015, which happens to be Flag Day:

The WILD Boys are back! USA Today Bestseller Angel Payne continues the hotter-than-hot series with this A scarred hero... 

Dan Colton was once the CIA's golden boy, a get-things-done cowboy who believed forgiveness was better to ask for than permission. But performing the devil's work was always easy with his angel's face, a damn good asset to have whether he was charming agency superiors...or training submissives in his darkest dungeon role plays.

Until his face was taken away.

An act of ultimate bravery spit Colton back out as a bitter, half-burned shell of the person he used to be, unsure of how to relate to the world without his physical calling card. His only condolence is dreaming of revenge on the bastard responsible for the fire that disfigured him, but when even that plan backfires, he is a beast without any prey--tormented by a beauty he cannot touch.

A willing submissive...


Tess Lesange, known around the CIA's Vegas office as "The Laser", has only one Achilles heel--in the form of the brooding agent who once wouldn't give her the time of day. Since Dan Colton's accident, they've become friends, even trusting each other with some of their kinkier secrets. What are friends for, right?


May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,


1. Let's chat about cute shoes ... which are your favorite?  I used to love shoes ... then I moved to Hawaii.  So my favorite shoes now are slippahs.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Angel and her books at angelpayne.com.

25 comments:

  1. I don't 'love' shoes, but have a BFF who does.... in college, we'd shop in the 'city' and she'd hide her purchases til back at school... next time home... shoes weren't
    new'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a ballet flat kind of gal. Comfort all the way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flip flops in the summer and UGGs in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav shoes are my Skeetcher they are like walking on air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a cute collection of heels. That I wear going to the library or grozpcerystore :) Dressing up is fun and cute shoes go with it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about comfort these days and love my Crocs (not the original but those that look like sandals).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to be comfortable. Sneakers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my sneakers when I go shopping. When I'm at home, I just wear socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a thing for boots -- almost any kind as long as they don't have high heels. At home though, I'm barefoot most of the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. my teva sandals :) Sooo comfy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love strappy wedge sandals for summer. Mid-heel boots are my favorite for fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I normally hate shoes - have this really skinny foot and nothing seems to fit. I did get shoes for my daughter's wedding that match the dress and a purse - I love them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I own any "cute" shoes. I am all about the comfort--right now, my purple Nikes rank as my number one pair.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Comfortable worn in hiking boots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of pretty shoes, but my #1 requirement is comfort (tho I still have heels in my closet that I don't know if I will ever wear again).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not a shoe fanatic, but sure do miss wearing sandals (clogs) when the cold weather comes; nothing like just slipping your feet into them.
    Pat L. (patoct)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Comfortable shoes without shoe laces that have to be tied.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not a shoe person. I have wide feet and sometimes have a problem trying to find comfy ones.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Athletic shoes and flipflops are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have a love affair with shoes, as long as they are comfy, I am good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't have a shoe love affair.
    pattyb43

    ReplyDelete