Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Kennedy Layne

25024074

The few, the proud, the Marines.  Kennedy Layne and her hero husband are hosting the USMC table for the SOS America Military Tribute at the RT Booklovers Convention.   Last chance to claim free tickets at this link.  From her bio,

First and foremost, I love life. I love that I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister...and a writer.

I am one of the lucky women in this world who gets to do what makes them happy. As long as I have a cup of coffee (maybe two or three) and my laptop, the stories evolve themselves and I try to do them justice. I draw my inspiration from a retired Marine Master Sergeant that swept me off of my feet and has drawn me into a world that fulfills all of my deepest and darkest desires. Erotic romance, military men, intrigue, with a little bit of kinky chili pepper (his recipe), fill my head and there is nothing more satisfying than making the hero and heroine fulfill their destinies.

I hope you'll join me on their journeys...


black & white photograph of six Marines standing in line, five with Civil War-era rifles and one with an NCO sword.
US Marines in the Washington Navy Yard, 1864
Public Domain (link)

Kennedy is ready to launch the Book three from the Red Starr series, IGNITING PASSION:

Risking everything…

Aaron “Stick” Scott spent twelve years of his life protecting his country. He diffused well over fifteen hundred bombs during the course of his military career, expecting each one to be his last. Luck had a huge part in his survival but it was fate that had a laugh at his expense by having a woman shatter his heart.

Playing it safe…

Simone Laurent’s career as a cultural attaché wasn’t exciting by any means, but she did love promoting the culture of her homeland. What she hadn’t anticipated was getting caught up in political war where her life would be at risk. Her situation goes from bad to worse when the man she left behind is the only one who can save her.

Igniting Passion…

Stick’s hostage rescue mission becomes sidetracked when he’s ordered to protect the one woman who couldn’t handle his job. Seeing her in the light of day brings back memories they’d both rather soon forget, but it’s the long evenings together that lights a fuse neither one can ignore. Will their reignited passion survive the highly explosive danger that’s coming their way?


Mahalo, Kennedy, for honoring military families!  May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. Kennedy's a coffee drinker - how about you?  I drink hot chocolate instead of coffee for my morning caffeine.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,


Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Kennedy and her books at kennedylayne.com.

237906162344193124362075

Also available in the Red Starr series ... 


28 comments:

  1. I like coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
    Gmapeony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a coffee drinker. I am a hot chocolate drinker too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee coffee
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always start off my day with a cup of coffee or tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start my day with a cup of tea, coffee is too strong for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do begin my day with a coffee, but I also enjoy tea and hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my coffee, but I've had to go to decaf and one that is gentle on the tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love coffee.....especially dark roast coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope... Mt. Dew is my coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coffee!!!!!!! I have a kuerig and it is aaaawesome :) but I have to have flavored creamer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I drink tea. Never liked coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only drink PG Tips tea. I have about 5/6 cups a day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a tea drinker, but I also enjoy hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. tea is my drink of choice. I like coffee, but alas, it does not like me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never liked coffee, but I like hot tea or chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love coffee - especially in the morning - hot chocolate & tea are for chilly afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to have at least 2 cups of coffee in the morning to be functional -- or at least something resembling functional. ;-) I prefer my coffee with chocolate in it, so really I have both coffee and hot chocolate in the mornings. :-)

    I can't drink tea on an empty stomach, so that isn't a morning option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both coffee and hot cocoa...kinda depends on what kinda mood i'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love hot or blended cold coffee, tea, and hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm with Kennedy on this--love my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I freshly grind my own beans and love strong, dark coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoy coffee, but it isn't needed for me like it is for others! I WISH it helped wake me up, haha. I just like the way it taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a tea drinker or diet soda.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do like coffee in the a.m. and with dessert. Also enjoy hot chocolate in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. coffee, tea or hot chocolate - all good.
    pattyb43

    ReplyDelete