Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Elle J. Rossi

25219392

Breaking News! I am now posting pictures from the RT Booklovers' Convention on my travel blog, Aloha On My Mind, at this link

Elle J. Rossi joined her sister, Beth Ciotta, in singing the National Anthem at the SOS America Military Tribute.  These sisters were inspiring.  From Elle's bio,

Elle J Rossi is a writer of Dark Paranormal and Fantasy Romance. Overly fond of the happily ever after, Elle lets her characters take control as they lead her down dark and twisted paths on their haunting journey toward love.

When not writing, you'll more than likely catch her hanging with her husband, two kids and a cat who truly does rule the roost, or stealing the mic from her friends as the duel over country karaoke.



Elle J Rossi

Elle is celebrating the recent release of JADED, Book 3 in the Starstuck series:  

Welcome to STARSTRUCK, a showplace for talent, a playground for love. The hot nights amp up with Rossi’s novella JADED, part of a new contemporary continuity series by Beth Ciotta, Cynthia Valero, and Elle J Rossi. Three authors. One world. 

MARRY ME, BROOKLYN.
Four years ago Brooklyn ran from that plea and straight toward what she dreamed would be a better future. An aspiring fashion designer destined for more than the boredom of small town life and the strain of a whiskey-saturated family, she launched herself toward the runways of New York.

I CAN’T.
Emmett couldn’t compete with the glitz of the big city, let alone erase Brookyn's emotional scars. When she turned down his proposal and left him behind, he poured what was left of his heart into his music. He got through with three rules: Play the guitar. Play the field. Forget about Brooklyn.

Now Brooklyn is back and the past and present collide inside Starstruck when Brooklyn fills in as lead singer for Emmett’s band. Night after night of thumping bass and passionately sung lyrics reminds them of every delicious memory they ever shared. But a sizzling attraction can only go so far when emotions are raw and trust is fragile. Emmett still wants forever. Brooklyn is only good at temporary.


Can two hearts find a way to truly connect off the stage, or will they stay forever jaded?


2480920024852325

May is National Military Appreciation Month.  For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about karaoke - have you tried it?  I cannot carry a tune in a bucket so I have not.  But it's fun to sing along in the audience!

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Elle and her books at ellejrossi.com.

How about karaoke in Hawaii?

25 comments:

  1. I love karaoke, but only get up and sing if we've booked our own room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sing to save my life, so that would be a big NO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big fat no for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to sing when in high school but that's a very long time ago so now I just enjoy listening to others lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cats leave the room when I sing, but I still love Karaoke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't tried it - can't sing worth a darn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On New Years eve we sing karaoke with a few girls. Not great singers but a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sing flat so no but based on some I have heard, I should

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a karioke machine so yes I have done it - my husband likes to have karioke parties at our home.
    patoct (Pat L.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would absolutely not be singing karaoke, but I'd love to watch :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I have never done any karaoke, and don't plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the same as you KIm....singing along in the audience in a crowd is what I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to a women's church group pot-luck a couple of weeks ago, and we were divided into teams for an oldies karaoke game. Our group had the highest score. As for single karaoke singing, nope, haven't done that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I consider it a kindness to others not to sing in public. So no karaoke for me. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord, NO!!! I'm like you, can't carry a tune in a bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No karaoke for me! I can't sing either.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have done it a few times. My voice is not too bad.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can sing well in the shower (as long as nobody can hear me, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't--that would be so nerve wracking!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I have done it. It is a lot of fun and laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. no, would be too embarrassed.
    pattyb43

    ReplyDelete
  22. tried it once at a business conference, but in a group - they picked a really hard song - but we had fun

    ReplyDelete