Saturday, May 16, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Siera London

24976871

The SOS America Military Tribute featured authors connected to the military, including debut author Siera London.  From her bio,

Contemporary romance and women's fiction is my therapy of choice. I served 22 years in the United States Navy as a registered nurse before I decided to focus on my writing career. It's never too late, to follow your heart's desire.

I live in the Washington DC area with my husband and a color patch tabby kitten named Frie. I am a pet lover at heart. I would gladly welcome more furry friends into the household; however, I had to guilt my husband into the kitten. As a native Floridian, the DC weather makes me long for the sun rays on my face most days.

When I'm not writing, I love getting lost between the pages of a great book. I get a thrill searching through recipe books with my sister in-law. I enjoy cooking huge meals to share with friends and family. I would like to think I'm a pretty good cook since folks keep showing up at the front door to eat my food.

When I can whisk my husband away from his job we enjoy warm, sunny places anywhere in the world. We have plans to visit Peru this summer!



Siera is still basking in the glow of her debut novel, CHASING AVA:


She’s chasing her dream.
He’s chasing the woman of his dreams.
Together they're Chasing Ava.

Ava Walters is a pediatric nurse who doesn’t do relationships. An abusive past has left her wounded, but determined to pursue her dream of becoming as a Navy Nurse. Ava is in the midst of rebuilding her life, when she is targeted by a sexual harasser who wields the power to destroy her dream before it sets sail.

Logan Masters, is an ambitious specialty surgeon whose past is riddled with betrayal. His trust in women is conditional- no secrets and no boundaries. When he comes to Ava’s rescue, there is no denying the spark of attraction. Things get complicated when Logan pursues Ava, rather than the arranged relationship that holds his business alliance together.

After years of being alone Ava starts to believe that love is possible under Logan’s skillful touch. But Ava is harboring a secret she doesn’t want exposed. Determined to guard her heart, Ava soon discovers Logan is as focused on winning her heart as she is at shielding it away.

When secrets and broken alliances threaten to torpedo both their futures, how will they chart a course to lasting love?

File:US Naval Hospital San Diego Nurses Modeling Uniforms ca1944 02.jpg
Navy Nurses in  San Diego
Public Domain (link)


May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. Do you have a recipe book?  I have two cookbooks from my roommates and fellow Lieutenants from my first assignment.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about sieralondon.com.

File:Navy nurses aboard the USS Solace in the Pacific - 1945.JPG
Navy nurses aboard the USS Solace in the Pacific, 1945
Public Domain (link)


24 comments:

  1. I have a recipe book that my mom put together for me with my favorite recipes from her, both of my grandmother's, and my aunts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I do have my mother's old Betty Crocker Cookbook. My sister took my mom's recipe notebook! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a recipe book that my mom was given as a wedding gift over 60 years ago. Not to forget that I have lots of recipe books; particularly love Susan Mallery's and the 2 Debbie Macomber cookbooks - HAVE MADE MANY YUMMY RECIPES FROM THEM. I bought all 3 as gifts for my sister, neice and my nephew's girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me post re Deb Macomber and Susan Mallery cookbooks.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lots of recipe books, but rarely open them up. They're in the cupboard above the fridge, which is hard for me to reach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a recipe book that our church put together when I was a teenager. Most of my fave recipes are stuffed in a file folder, I keep planning to scan them into a computer file one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a recipe book with recipes I have collected over the years. It is a small book though with just my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 100+ cookbooks, two small recipe boxes and a file for recipes on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a couple of cookbooks, but no recipe books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have several recipe books. I inherited my mom's recipe books when she passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use to collect them but it is so easy to get recipes online - I still have a collection but have stopped adding to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a book shelf full of recipe books. Sometimes I use them, other times when I want something new, I'll find a recipe online.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a recipe book I made up myself out of an old exercise book. I write in it & paste recipes in. The best recipe book ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a recipe book I made up myself out of an old exercise book. I write in it & paste recipes in. The best recipe book ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hve many cookbooks but I also have hand printed recipes from my grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't, but I should really start one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have many cookbooks and recipe files - one of these days I want to get them more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes,I have many cookbooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have several recipe books with plastic inserts for the recipe cards. This arrangement works really well for favorite family recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have quite a few recipe books, but rarely use them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have none any longer, gave them to my daughter. I more or less wing it now.

    ReplyDelete