Friday, May 29, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Jamie Rae


Meeting Jamie Rae in Dallas was one of my top moments at the RT Booklovers Convention.  She cohosted "We Love Pilots" table at the SOS America Military Tribute.  From her bio,

JAMIE RAE is a New Adult and Young Adult author. She writes with one goal in mind–create stories with a positive message that will stay with the reader long after they’ve finished reading.

Jamie is an avid reader and loves discovering stories with a great hook, though she will not eat, sleep, or speak until she reaches the end. The Harry Potter years weren’t pretty!! Convinced that her Hogwarts letter was lost in the mail, she keeps a watchful eye for owls hoping her children will have better luck!

In her other life, Jamie Rae is an orthodontist, and she keeps her heart overflowing with love as a mother of three. She has perfected the art of nomadic living as a military spouse and Air Force veteran and has finally embraced that home is where the Air Force sends you. Jamie has a passion for critters of all shapes and sizes and you can often find her sneaking them into her own home or volunteering for rescues.

Learn more about Jamie and her books at jamieraewrites.com.


I purchased a copy of Jamie's debut book, CALL SIGN KARMA, from the Giant Book Fair:

TINKLEE Pinkerton is chosen as the first female fighter pilot to fly the Air Force's prodigy, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the same jet that killed her brother, leaving her emotionally numb. Now, she’ll do anything to prove his death wasn't due to pilot error and fly her heart away from anyone who tries to get through her walls.

Then she meets Locke Sinclair, a handsome stranger with entrancing eyes and charming accent. For the first time since her brother’s accident, Tink allows someone to get close and hopes she may finally begin to heal.

​Until she discovers Locke is no stranger. He’s her superior officer, and their secret relationship becomes a definite no-fly zone. With her career on the line, and her plan to clear her brother’s reputation suddenly in jeopardy, Tink must deny herself the one person who makes her feel alive or risk losing everything.

USAF F-35 on its delivery flight to Eglin AFB in July 2011
Public Domain (link)

Mahalo, Jamie, for your service as a Air Force veteran, Air Force spouse, and positive writer!  May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. Have you attended an airshow?  Oh, yes I have!  

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winners on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Greeting the AWACS aircrew at Hanscom AFB
(I'm on the right)

22 comments:

  1. I haven't, but hope to see an airshow one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have never attended an airshow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I have never been to an airshow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have attended one air show. I took my son when he was about 7. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have years ago the Air and Water show in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't attended an air show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has attended the Jones Beach Air show several times.
    patoct (Pat L.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not personally but our uncle has gone to many of them and takes lots and lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't yet, but I would love to if the opportunity comes my way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never attended an airshow, but it sounds exciting and I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I have. The Miramar air show in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't but my husband and brother have gone to several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. In southeast Houston, there's an airshow every year at Ellington Air Force Base.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have and they are so fun but loud :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many, many moons ago I saw a Blue Angels show! It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We went to all the airshows at Upper Heyford, when my husband was stationed in England. We used to make a day out of it, and bring our English friends with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw the Thunderbirds at Dover AFB, I've been to the Thunderbird home at Nellis AFB in Nevada.

    It's not uncommon to see the Blue Angels when one lives ~close to Annapolis, and they practice flying near Baltimore.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete