Friday, May 22, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Rebecca Yarros

20625686

Breaking News! I am now posting pictures from the RT Booklovers' Convention on my travel blog, Aloha On My Mind, at this link


The best part of going to RT is meeting authors (new to me) who are connected to the military.  I was fortunate to meet Rebecca Yarros at the SOS America Military Tribute.  From her bio,

Two Books. One Blog. Six Kids. And just enough quirk to stay sane!

Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and lover of all things chocolate, coffee, and Paleo. In addition to being a mom, military wife, and blogger, she can never choose between Young Adult and New Adult fiction, so she writes both. She's a graduate of Troy University, where she studied European history and English, but still holds out hope for an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Her blog, The Only Girl Among Boys, has been voted the Top Military Mom Blog the last two years, and celebrates the complex issues surrounding the military life she adores.

When she's not writing, she's tying on hockey skates for her kids, or sneaking in some guitar time. She is madly in love with her army-aviator husband of eleven years, and they're currently stationed in Upstate NY with their gaggle of rambunctious kiddos and snoring English Bulldog, but she would always rather be home in Colorado.

Learn more about Rebecca and her books at rebeccaelizabethyarros.com.

Rebecca Yarros

Rebecca draws upon military life for her Flight & Glory series, including FULL MEASURES:

A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...

Three knocks can change everything…

"She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead."

Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumbling family when her mom falls apart.

Then Josh Walker enters her life. Hockey star, her new next-door neighbor, and not to mention the most delicious hands that insist on saving her over and over again. He has a way of erasing the pain with a single look, a single touch. As much as she wants to turn off her feelings and endure the heartache on her own, she can’t deny their intense attraction.

Until Josh’s secret shatters their world. And Ember must decide if he’s worth the risk that comes with loving a man who could strip her bare.


Mahalo, Rebecca, for serving as a military spouse and mom! My neighbor once asked me to be listed as a person to contact should something happen to her husband during his deployment.  I would have accompanied the officer reporting a death .... luckily, I never had to fulfill this duty.

May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about Upstate New York - what do you know about it?  I have visited Niagara Falls; it is beautiful even if it is a tourist trap.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

23562877

26 comments:

  1. I have never been to upstate New York but would love to go there. Would like to see Niagra Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Upstate New York, but would love to visit Niagara Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to most of the states on the East coast, including New York! Thanks for the giveaway opportunity and for all of the service and sacrifice that those of you associated with the military have given!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I haven't been to upstate New York, but the falls sound fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some beautiful falls here, so I have no desire to see Niagara Falls. Maybe frozen over would be cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the falls
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I've been there as a child, we went to Niagrea Falls. Is that part of the NY wine country?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to upstate New York. I have been to Niagara Falls, but on the Canadian side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited the Finger Lakes area and I have visited Niagara Falls. There are some very nice wineries in the Finger Lakes area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never visited upper New York! But I would love to visit Niagara Falls one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live on Long Island, but my parents are from upstate New York, Hudson Falls & Glens Falls, not too far from Lake George I have spent many vacations up there. Lake George has gotten more commercial as the years go by, but there are a lot of fun things to do - boat rides around the lake, horseback riding, mini golf. The air is very fresh up there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to visit Niagara Falls...it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I visited when in 7th grade with friends on the way to Canada but he took a wrong turn and it was night so I didn't see very much. I would love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've visited Niagara Falls and would really like to visit Lake George one day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been there once with mu hubby a long time ago. We went to NJ to visit his family and he too me to a couple of the hotels in the Catskills that he used to work at as maintenance. It was really pretty because it was in December and the tree's were all sorts of colors and there was some snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it is supposed to be beautiful - but sadly, have never been.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always wanted to see Niagra Falls :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I visited Niagara Falls when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Niagara Falls sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never been to Niagara. But have been to Albany, Schenectady, Wappingers Falls, Cobleskill, Loon Lake, Lake George, Cooperstown (baseball town - yay), Tannersville and The Catskills. I live on Long Island so not too far to visit these places

    ReplyDelete
  21. I lived in upstate NY for most of my life. It's truly beautiful country. I've been to Niagara Falls - both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was to Niagra Falls many years ago, and have been to Lake George and Fort Ticondaroga.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing, only that I'd love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Since I live in NY, I have been to many places upstate. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is beautiful; visited many wonderful towns upstate.
    pattyb43coral@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I visited there when I was kid, eg the Catskills.

    ReplyDelete