Monday, May 4, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Chanel Cleeton

22535694

I have several things in common with Chanel Cleeton ...

Originally a Florida girl, CHANEL CLEETON moved to London where she received a bachelor’s degree from Richmond, The American International University in London and a master’s degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science. Chanel fell in love with London and planned to stay there forever, until fate intervened on a Caribbean cruise and a fighter pilot with smooth dance moves swept her off her feet. Now, a happily ever after later, Chanel is living her next adventure.

Law school made Chanel realize she’d rather spend her days writing sexy stories than in a courtroom, and she hasn’t looked back since. An avid reader and hopeless romantic, she’s happiest curled up with a book. She has a weakness for handbags, her three pups, and her husband.

Chanel writes contemporary romances and women's fiction. She is published by Harlequin HQN, Penguin/InterMix, and Penguin/Berkley and is the author of the International School, Capital Confessions, and Wild Aces series.

Air Force Memorial overlooking Washington, DC

I also hail from Florida and fell in love with a military officer who sang me off my feet (he's a barbershopper).   I look forward to meeting Chanel next week, where we'll celebrate the upcoming release of  FLIRTING WITH SCANDAL, Book One from her Capital Confessions series, available May 19:

Jackie Gardner knows all about dirty little secrets. The illegitimate daughter of one of the most influential senators in Washington, D.C., she grew up surrounded by the scandals and shadows of politics. Now that she's landed an internship with a powerful political consulting firm, she's determined to launch her career and take this city by storm.

William Andrew Clayton was born for politics. He knows the drill: work hard, play discreetly, and at all costs, avoid scandal. At twenty-six, his campaign for the Virginia State Senate is the first step to cementing his future. It's time for him to settle down, to find the perfect political spouse. He needs a Jackie Kennedy, not a Marilyn...

When Jackie meets Will in the bar of the Hay-Adams Hotel, sparks fly. But the last thing Will needs is to be caught in a compromising position, and an affair with a political candidate could cost Jackie her career. When what began as one steamy night, becomes a passion neither one of them can walk way from, they must decide if what they have is really love, or just another dirty little secret...


Chanel is also supporting the SOS America Military Tribute - free tickets are still available for readers in the Dallas area at this link (need not be registered for the convention to attend).

Learn more about Chanel and her books at chanelcleeton.com.


Playing with Trouble (Capital Confessions, #2)
Coming in July 2014

May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1.  Have you visited the Caribbean, enjoyed a cruise, or danced with a pilot?  I'm going on a Caribbean cruise in October with college friends.   And I have danced with a pilot :)

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

29 comments:

  1. Never danced with a pilot. Never been to the Carribean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have danced with a pilot and been on a Caribbean cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did take a Caribbean but it was 35 or 40 yrs ago but it was one of my favorite vacations. I've never known any pilots lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimono, kimh, no

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to the Caribbean, but it seems rather fun. Haven't danced with a pilot either, just an army Captain... Otherwise known as my dad :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not visited Caribbean, taken a cruise, or danced with a pilot. I have no wish to ever go on a cruise though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't done any of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, No, and No... But I'd love to do all three ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been on the cruise but did not dance with a pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No to both of your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I have been to the Caribbean. Once was only on a day cruise. The other time was a week long cruise. I'd love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I have been to the Caribbean. Once was only on a day cruise. The other time was a week long cruise. I'd love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. no to all of it :( but I would love to visit the Caribbean!!! Thanks for such a fun spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never been to the Carribean :(,but I would love to visit one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been on a Caribbean cruise, but I've seen (and been in) the Caribbean Sea while visiting Cancun, Mexico. I've never danced with a pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. none to all of the above

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been to the Caribbean and on cruises. I loved many places in the Caribbean and cruising is a fun way to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never done any of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been to the Caribbean on a Disney cruise once and i loved it..alot of kids but it was relaxing and i loved the beaches :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been on a cruise, but have gone to Aruba - it's a very arid island and strong breezes so doesn't have bugs like a lot of islands have

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I went with friends before I got married.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never danced with a pilot. I have been on several cruises to the Caribbean - what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We went on a Caribbean cruise 2 years ago. It was enjoyable, but not our preferred way to vacation. Yes, I have danced with a pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been on a Caribbean cruise and had a blast :)
    We went on a 7 day cruise aboard the Carnival cruise lines.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never been on a cruise or to the Carebbean, but would love to go. Haven't danced with a pilot either!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never been to the Caribbean or a cruise.
    gmapeony

    ReplyDelete