Thursday, May 7, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Emmy Curtis

20980969

I am looking forward to Emmy Curtis, one of the table hostesses at the SOS America Military Tribute - free tickets are still available at this link.   From Emmy's bio,

Emmy Curtis is an editor and a romance writer. An ex-pat Brit, she quells her homesickness with Cadbury Flakes and Fray Bentos pies. She's lived in London, Paris and New York, and has settled for the time being, in North Carolina. When not writing, Emmy loves to travel with her military husband and take long walks with their Lab. All things considered, her life is chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny. And if you get that reference...well, she already considers you kin.


Cadbury Flake
Public Domain (link

I shared Emmy's bio with my British mother ... she understood the references!   Emmy is the author of the Alpha Ops series, including PUSHING THE LIMIT:

They’re tough. They’re brave. And they’ll do anything for the women they love. They’re the Alpha Ops. In the tradition of Suzanne Brockmann and Julie Ann Walker comes a sizzling new high-octane romantic suspense novel from rising star Emmy Curtis.

After their one-night fling at a wedding, archaeologist Henrietta “Harry” Markowitz thought she’d never see war hero Matt Stanning again. So when they’re paired up to investigate a military plane crash in Iraq, she’s not sure if the three-month reunion is serendipitous or cursed. What she does know is this gorgeous man lights her body on fire—and incredible sex is always a welcome distraction.

Air Force Sergeant Matt Stanning has been called a hero, but he feels nothing like one when he realizes the sexy blonde in his bed is the widow of his fallen brother-in-arms. Even worse, he actually has to work with her, and she’s unearthed evidence that points to a military conspiracy. If they dig deeper, they’ll put their lives in danger. If they don’t, they’ll never know the truth—not only about the mysterious plane crash, but about each other. 


Mahalo, Emmy, for serving as a military spouse ... and writing hot heroes!  May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. What is your favorite chocolate?  I agree with Emmy that Cadbury's Flake, especially in ice cream, is ono (delicious).

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Emmy and her books at emmycurtis.com.


2069465720706733


29 comments:

  1. I love Dove chocolate....candy, ice cream....doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dark chocolate but no particular brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My current favorite chocolate is Equal Exchange Dark Chocolate that is Orange infuses. The have several other bars I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cherry Ripes. It could be the dark chocolate or the cherries or the coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milka with hazelnuts, super delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cadbury flakes are one of my favorite chocolates too. I love it when it's stuck in an ice-cream cone, which we call in England a '99'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer dark chocolate, however, I wouldn't turn down an offer of any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like dark chocolate - CAdburys is good

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had Cadbury flake...that could change everything! For a regular candy bar, my favorite is Milky Way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love milk chocolate and dark, but don't care for white. Love peanut butter and chocolate combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never even heard of Cadbury's Flake. But I do like chocolate truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love dark milk chocolate and peanut butter/chocolate combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cadbury has amazing chocolate: Flake, CurlyWurly, and Twist are my favorite Cadbury bars. I rarely even see a Flake in the US much less the others. Another favorite that I can't find in my part of the States is See's candy... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chocolate truffles :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I prefer dark chocolate - my favorite mass-market candy bar is a Mounds bar. Fortunately, now that dark chocolate is declared healthy there are a lot more choices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never had Cadbury flake! I love Hershey with almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ferrero Rocher or chocolate truffles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have several favorites: Plain Hershey Bar, Nestle's Crunch or Dk Choc Dove Bar.
    patoct (Pat L)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hershey kiss
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all types of chocolate, especially truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all kinds of chocolate, but particularly dark chocolate covered nuts.
    gmapeony

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love dark chocolate, but I don't have a favorite brand.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Snickers,Nestle,Milka chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. no favorite; any kind of chocolate if fine with me.
    pattyb43

    ReplyDelete